compact pump to put in bag?

andy83
andy83 Posts: 1,558
edited March 2009 in Commuting chat
as title says, looking for a pump that can go in bag for when out and about as current one bust yesterday

preferably off wiggle

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Jash can help you, his looks like a lipstick applicator
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Innovations_Second_Wind_Mini_Road_Pump/5360029350/

I used this in both modes on Sunday and to be honest it worked really well. The CO2 pumped the tyre up to full pressure in seconds but then I had a second puncture and had to resort to the hand pump and that got the tyre up to a get home pressure very easily.
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    cheers for reply, but should have said its for a Schrader valve
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Jash can help you, his looks like a lipstick applicator

I use a Topeak Micro Rocket. It's tiny. I only carry it as a backup as I use C02 canisters on the road.

http://www.abbeycycles.com/products.php?plid=m10b0s384p196

EDIT: I think this is presta only though...
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Crank bros power pump? not used one but the metal ones feel nice against my skin :wink:

Or anything blackburn small enough, i've got a blackburn pump I bought in 95 it's in my bag now until i can afford a frame fit one.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    prawny wrote:
    Crank bros power pump? not used one but the metal ones feel nice against my skin :wink:

Or anything blackburn small enough, i've got a blackburn pump I bought in 95 it's in my bag now until i can afford a frame fit one.

+1

Crank Bros rocks.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    It really does, I bought the 19 multi tool just for the flask it came in mmm shiny 8)
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • jermas
    jermas Posts: 484
    Lezyne Pressure Drive Mini Pump (Medium) available form Wiggle. Superb pump. One of the very few mini pumps that actually work.
  • Pat920
    Pat920 Posts: 55
    I'd second the Lezyne. Nicely made, and with an old fashioned hose that doesn't bend the screw on a Presta. The other end of the hose does Schraeders. And it works well on road tyres. Big MTB tyres could prove to be a bit of a chore.
  • leoccp
    leoccp Posts: 45
    I have one of these http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/clever-90 ... e-3958886/ not from wiggle sorry, but pretty cheap.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    I use a Pocket Rocket Master Blaster, I'm sure wiggle will do them.......that's what I got after asking a similar question last year on here.
    Comes with a frame mount option so you can use bottle mounts to stash it on there if space in the bag is a premium :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    OMG I want the Topeak Micro Rocket so much...
  • rally200
    rally200 Posts: 646
    jermas wrote:
    Lezyne Pressure Drive Mini Pump (Medium) available form Wiggle. Superb pump. One of the very few mini pumps that actually work.

+1

used my lezyne today for the first time - it works really well, and it is microscopic
  • Petromyzon
    Petromyzon Posts: 221
    +1 for the lezyne. Anyone who has ever ripped the valve core out of a freshly installed tube will value the hose
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    leoccp wrote:
    I have one of these http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/clever-90 ... e-3958886/ not from wiggle sorry, but pretty cheap.

Got this one for my commute - cracking pump but a bit heavy.... but a very good pump.

Road bike - got a Blackburn Carbon Air Stick - fit's in back pocket - again very good....

No CO2 - I'm not lazy though.............