Road shoes - sizing?

proto
proto Posts: 1,483
edited March 2009 in Road buying advice
About to order some shoes for my daughter and a bit confused by foot size/shape. Considering the Adidas Karma or the Norhwave Velvet

With normal trainers/hockey/football boots, she takes a 38 or UK5.5. However sometimes a 6 or even a 5, depending on brand. Feet are fairly regular shape, neither excessively broad or long/thin.

With my short fat feet, I buy Sidis one size bigger than normal. However with Northwave I think I would buy size for size.

So for her, Adidas in a UK 6 or or Northwave in a 39?

Help!!

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    shoes should be bought from lbs, you might pay a bit more, but we need these facilities for trying on things like shoes...
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    I always buy internet - I hate going around the shops - sky high prices etc - but having wasted £80 on 2 pairs of shoes - I reckon a bike shop is the best place to buy - a good shop - will let you sit in them for 30 mins - and try on all the different sizes.
  • Tempestas
    Tempestas Posts: 486
    If unsure ask the shop or email, they usually know their products, or just order 2 pairs and return the incorrect size.
  • The seasonal useage will also effect the sizing... Thin socks in the "summer" but a slightly larger shoe may be needed to cater for the thin sock plus a waterproof sock in the winter months
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo