Pinarello FP2

GemmaAtkinson1
GemmaAtkinson1 Posts: 161
edited March 2009 in Road buying advice
Hi Guys.

does anyone ride a pinarello fp2 here? what are your thoughts/opinions on it? searched around a bit but cant find too many reviews online.
Anything thats rubbish about it, needs upgrading etc?

Advice appreciated.

Comments

• nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Not gone one but the BikeRadar review looks pretty positive although it doesn't sound overly comfy...
  • yeah i have a bianchi c2c at the moment which is nice for very long rides etc im looking at something a little more responsive/aggressive.
    Iv got a £1000 ride 2 work voucher coming but all the bike sub £1500 im not that fussed on so was going to supplement the voucher and treat myself to something nice and racy :-)

I read the bike radar review, does seem pretty positive. I mean il go and test ride a few for sure just interested in riders opinions. wish i wasnt limited to evans cycles grrrr!
  • simmo3801
    simmo3801 Posts: 486
    Iv got a £1000 ride 2 work voucher coming but all the bike sub £1500 im not that fussed on so was going to supplement the voucher and treat myself to something nice and racy

I tried that tactic as well when i got my voucher and was told I couldn't buy anything for more than the voucher and add cash myself as that would mean joint ownership of the bike between you and your employer. If you defaulted on the payments in any way they couldn't repossess the bike so wouldn't allow you to add to the cost. I would check with your employer before you order....
    Giant Anthem X3 2013
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    If you're well in with your LBS proprioter I'm sure there is a way around it. :wink:

Depends how much trade you put his way I suppose though. :!:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • well on both my benefits opti9n intranet it said i could and also on the evans site so there will be a HUGE kick off by me if they wont allow me to 'top up' as there is nothing i want sub £1k.

hmmm watch this space.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    I have an older Pinarello - Alu - and its awesome - its so stiff and fast - it is twitchy - and you do feel the bumps - but when your roaring along - who gives a toss !

Go for the Pinarello - it was the best decision I ever made.