What a difference a day makes :)

Rich158
Rich158 Posts: 2,348
edited March 2009 in Commuting chat
After my trials and tribulations yesterday the commute today was an absolute pleasure, and in record time for the morning.

The sun is out, the sky is blue, my gears are snicking up and down with absolute precision, the puncture fairies have been banished, the birds were singing as I came down through Greenwich Park, and spring is in the air :lol::lol::lol:

It made me feel almost poetic, it's one of those mornings that makes me feel life doesn't get much better than this.......
pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2

Comments

• prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Rich158 wrote:

The sun is out, the sky is blue, my gears are snicking up and down with absolute precision, the puncture fairies have been banished, the birds were singing as I came down through Greenwich Park, and spring is in the air :lol::lol:

Uh Oh! :shock:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    You shouldn't have said that... :shock:

Away! Away! I don't want your p***tures!
  • Rich158
    So long as they're banished from me thats fine :wink:

lets see what karma make of that this evening
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Have you handed out the cake to your colleagues?? :wink:
  • Rich158
    Not yet, it's still languishing in my drawer :oops:

There's not enough left to make it worthwhile anyway (he says rapidly stuffing the last crumbs in)

Revised FCN - 2
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    Cars let me out this morning, some moved over to let me get past, love was in the air. It was a good day to ride.

p.s. just think how much extra training you are going to have to do to lose the weight from that cake :D
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    Feltup wrote:
    p.s. just think how much extra training you are going to have to do to lose the weight from that cake :D

Very guilty of that myself... I'm a regular cyclist so I can afford more "treats" than others but then I have to ride further/harder to burn it off, but then as a pat-on-the-back for doing that (or in preparation for such a ride) I'll have another Mars bar/cake... argh!
  • Rich158
    It's a vicious cycle :wink:

Revised FCN - 2
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    iain_j wrote:
    Feltup wrote:

Very guilty of that myself... I'm a regular cyclist so I can afford more "treats" than others but then I have to ride further/harder to burn it off, but then as a pat-on-the-back for doing that (or in preparation for such a ride) I'll have another Mars bar/cake... argh!

I work with a department of middle aged women who are constantly on fad diets.. :roll: I will often buy a fry-up once a week, or some chocs and they'll moan "how? How? HOW?? are you so thin??!!" :lol:

I put the effort in, luv. :lol::wink:
  • artaxerxes
    artaxerxes Posts: 612
    Looks like a perfect early evening outside now, glorious sunset. Its at these moments I wish I worked in the public sector and could leave work at 5pm on the dot :evil:
  • Rich158 wrote:
    It's a vicious cycle :wink:
    Now THAT is the slogan I should put on the back of my jacket :D Might just make the lairy a bit more wary (hey, I'm a poet)
    Pain is only weakness leaving the body
  • anweledig
    anweledig Posts: 21
    linoue wrote:
    Looks like a perfect early evening outside now, glorious sunset. Its at these moments I wish I worked in the public sector and could leave work at 5pm on the dot :evil:

I wish I was in the private sector with fixed hours, high wages and no armies of inspectors breathing down my neck ;>
    exercise.png