Soapbox whereabouts.

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited March 2009 in The bottom bracket
Being that the soapbox has been removed, Is this the place to get your rants out of your system?
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    I thinkit always has been really. And the commuting section for more getting from a to b style rants. :)
  • Being that the soapbox has been removed, Is this the place to get your rants out of your system?

how about writing them down on a scrap of paper, and then throwing it into the bin? That way you'll 'get it out of your system' and we won't have to bother reading it.

Soapbox really was the worst part of the forum...I'm glad it's gone.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Being that the soapbox has been removed, Is this the place to get your rants out of your system?

how about writing them down on a scrap of paper, and then throwing it into the bin? That way you'll 'get it out of your system' and we won't have to bother reading it.

Bit harsh. You could have just avoided that part of the forum. :wink:

The Soapbox did sometimes perform a valuable function and help people solve the odd problem. Sometimes its good to know you're not the only one feeling a particular way.
  • Frank the tank
    downfader wrote:

The Soapbox did sometimes perform a valuable function and help people solve the odd problem. Sometimes its good to know you're not the only one feeling a particular way.

How about writing such stupid questions as this:-Whilst the rim has an obvious braking surface, would it be safe to run the wheel with the brake pad bitting the V section of the rim? The material is the same, but would it have the structural rigidiity to take the braking force?

On a piece of paper, consider how stupid a question it was in the first place and then throw that in the bin, Gavin?
    Tail end Charlie

• SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    And here I was, all ready to rant about tree clippings all over my favourite roads, the ridiculous headwinds and the unmarked roadworks where my bike slammed hard into an unseen ramp on today's ride.

But since Soapbox is gone, I'll just keep it to myself.

Pedro
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • Frank the tank
    SCR Pedro wrote:
    And here I was, all ready to rant about tree clippings all over my favourite roads, the ridiculous headwinds and the unmarked roadworks where my bike slammed hard into an unseen ramp on today's ride.

But since Soapbox is gone, I'll just keep it to myself.

Pedro

Exactly my owd. We should have a dedicated place on here where we can come and rant................................................in fact I could rant about it. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

• Gavin Gilbert
    Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
    downfader wrote:

How about writing such stupid questions as this:-Whilst the rim has an obvious braking surface, would it be safe to run the wheel with the brake pad bitting the V section of the rim? The material is the same, but would it have the structural rigidiity to take the braking force?

On a piece of paper, consider how stupid a question it was in the first place and then throw that in the bin, Gavin?

The difference is that I was asking a technical question to a technical audience, whereas it looks like you joined up here to mouth off ill-informed opinions. And it's a big difference.
  • Frank the tank
    Quite entitled to my opinion as is everyone else whether ill informed (in your opinion) or not. Just as you are entitled to ask a "technical question"(your opinion again) or stupid question (my opinion)

All I did was ask a civil question to which, because you thought that section was one of the less worth while ones thought you would reply with a rude/smart ar*ed answer for which there was no need. I mearly came down to your level, daft really.
    Tail end Charlie

• TheBoyBilly
    TheBoyBilly Posts: 749
    You just can't help yourself Gav, can you? :roll:
    To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity - Oscar Wilde
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277

It was so boring I didn't notice it had been removed. :D
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Gavin Gilbert
    You just can't help yourself Gav, can you? :roll:

No, Fatso, I can't. I'm just programmed to dislike morons. Whoops, I'm going all Soapboxy again :oops:
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    Can we all please stop these personal attacks on each other! :!: There's no need for it.
  • TheBoyBilly
    TheBoyBilly Posts: 749
    It is so, so easy to wind you up Mr. Gilbert. Have the council been round to fix your garage yet?
    To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity - Oscar Wilde
  • drewfromrisca
    drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
    Tell you what, I'm getting a little fed up of this bikeradar malarky. It seems that all it is these days is argument's about dopers, slagging each other off and snidey little remarks here and there! Come on people's make miles not war!!! :lol:
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Going by a certain other forum to which I no longer subscribe, the trouble with soapbox type forums is they seem to attract people with no interest in cycling who only want to rant about politics and end up with cliques, bad blood, bannings and mass walkouts.

Better off without IMO.
  • Gavin Gilbert
    It is so, so easy to wind you up Mr. Gilbert. Have the council been round to fix your garage yet?

Oh that I was in Local Authority accomodation. The London Borough of Ealing manage their properties very well. I certainly wouldn't need to hand another £4K across to solcitors to fund a disrepair and neglience action against my neighbours. Some of whom I actually like.

How about you Fatso, posted anything here about cycling recently??? :roll:
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    This must be why Commuting usually has about 20 browsers and anywhere between 0-3 on here, ya bunch o' grumpsters :P
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712

ha ha ha a, that is the post of the year so far :lol::lol: