Recommend a frame pump.

whyamihere
whyamihere Posts: 7,695
edited March 2009 in Road buying advice
Must come with clips to fit onto a bike with no pump pips. I want to do the fewest strokes to 100psi possible really because I'm lazy. Presta/Schraeder interchangeability would be nice, but only Presta is vital. It must also be narrow enough to sit easily under my top tube with no protrusions (I ride very knees-in, knees almost hitting the TT).

No budget, if something's good enough to warrant the money I'll buy it.

Comments

• CO2 pump FTW! :D
    AT MY AGE, I SHOULD KNOW BETTER !!!
  • whyamihere
    Got one which I use for races. However, I want a decent frame pump as well for sportives/long rides. I don't need to carry more than one canister in a race as if I puncture more than once, I'm out of it anyway. For a sportive, I want to be able to repair any number of punctures, up to the number of tubes and patches I can carry.
  • Andy140
    Andy140 Posts: 130
    Blackburn frame pump - fits under the top tube and there are three sizes - come with velcro strap if you do not have the little pump boss on the rear of head tube. Up to 100psi very easy
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    I've got two - a Blackburn and a Zefal HPX - both do the job well - the Blackburn has softer ends so is kinder to the frame though the Zefal is possibly (it is a smaller size though) marginally quicker at inflating a tyre. I solve the problem of not having a pump peg on the frame by sticking it on the seat stay - copied off a guy called Simon Pedley - if you were nervous about it going into the wheel a velcro strap would help but I don't bother as it's pretty secure.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • How about a Cyclair Plus mini pump? The bag is big enough to hold a spare tube, a lever and some allen keys.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    I bought one of these about 3 months ago. http://www.quickex.com/200-143-quicker_pro.htm I've only used it twice on the road so far so I can't speak for it's durability but it seems very well built. It's relatively easy (for a frame/mini pump) to get up to 7bar and has a PSI and BAR gauge built in. Of my three favorite pumps, Quicker Pro, Zefal HPX, and the Lezyne Pressure Drive Med., the Quicker is my favorite. I just wish it had a hose to connect to the valve like the Lezyne and it would be perfect.
  • whyamihere
    I bought one of these about 3 months ago. http://www.quickex.com/200-143-quicker_pro.htm I've only used it twice on the road so far so I can't speak for it's durability but it seems very well built. It's relatively easy (for a frame/mini pump) to get up to 7bar and has a PSI and BAR guage built in. Of my three favorite pumps, Quicker Pro, Zefal HPX, and the Lezyne Pressure Drive Med., the Quicker is my favorite. I just wish it had a hose to connect to the valve like the Lezyne and it would be perfect.
    That looks good. Where did you get it from? I only seem to be able to buy them from the USA...
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    I bought it from a U.S. ebay store, can't remember the name though. I believe Quickex is a Swedish company so they should be available near you. They're not very common yet so you may have to order direct.
  • Hell below zero !
    Hell below zero ! Posts: 59
    edited March 2009
    I bought one of the original Quicker Pro pumps in 2000/01 from the CTC shop who were the sole suppliers for the UK. I know the pumps were originally from sweden and looking at the Quickex website there doesn't seem to be a distributor for the UK now. :cry:
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Lezyne road pump,it`s 105g attaches beautifully and pumps well over 100psi easily.You don`t need a big, heavy frame pump.Just buy it.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • I have a Zefal HPX pump, for which I bought a Zefal pump peg so that it would fit under the top tube. The peg is plastic and fixes to the top tube with a zip tie like attachment. Otherwise the Zefal would not stay in place.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Lezyne road pump - it works well & should last. Small & pretty too.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.