Mail errors

Hi
Im trying to send a mail to another forum member however when i finish it and press 'send' it flashes up with this message.

Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 503 Error: authentication not enabled

Could anyone help me with what this means?
Thanks
David

Comments

• that happened to me when i was trying to post but it turned out it was working and i triple posted :oops:
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    It is a bit odd, but rest assured that the messages are sending correctly, just a strange error message.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Had the same when posting earlier, post still submitted though.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • joe1983
    joe1983 Posts: 440
    Same happened here. Is Bikeradar falling apart? The answer is yes - go buy bottled water and tinned food.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It happens to me in the two new forum sections - and I don't get any message notifications either. Must be linked.
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Happened to me first time today, left it and it posted eventually
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • David Lund
    David Lund Posts: 602
    Cheers Guys
    Everything seems to be ok now, as you said it comes up with the message but still sends.
    Just leave it on the screen and it flicks back to the sent mail page.
    Thanks again
    David
  • Should be sorted now. All messages will have still gone through.
  • Hi,

A similar problem I think so won't start a new thread.

I'm trying to contact a member via PMs. I've not had any error messages so assumed my messages were being sent. After not recieving any replies - and feeling like Billy Nomates! I checked my account - I've noticed that the last 3 messages are still in the outbox. I take this to mean they have not been sent?

The first one is dated 25th Feb when I guess there were problems but the last one was dated 15th March. Any advise?

Thanks
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    they have been sent but the receiver has not read them.

as covered on the FAQ´s
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=40029
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown