Graphics removal

Brian1
Brian1 Posts: 595
edited February 2009 in Workshop
I would like to remove the graphics from my Ritchey carbon seatpost.Does anyone know if this is possible.Thanks in advance

Comments

• edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    if it's anything like the graphics on the frame of my mtb, probably not.... they are probably underneath a layer of lacquer and you''d screw it trying to get them off
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    Brian1 wrote:
    I would like to remove the graphics from my Ritchey carbon seatpost.Does anyone know if this is possible.Thanks in advance

They are wearing off my carbon Ritchey Pro seatpost so they will probably come off quite easily. You could try some rubbing compound from Halfords. This is a paste that you use with a damp cloth to remove blemishes in car paint and overspray. It will make the finish go matt though. If its that important you can respray it with clear lacquer afterwards.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • If they are not under any lacquer they should come off OK.

I'd be more worried about why they are wearing off, so maybe in need of some tape to stop rubbing into the carbon.

If they are vinyl, then warm them with a hairdryer, peel off. Use Sticky-Stuff Remover or WD40 to remove excess sticky residue.
    Recipe: shave legs sparingly, rub in embrocation and drizzle with freshly squeezed baby oil.