Help with BikeRouteToaster Software

sampras38
sampras38 Posts: 1,917
Hi,

I've just started using the BikeRouteToaster software to plot courses on my Garmin 705 GPS, and need some advice.

It may just be something I've missed, but for some reason I don't seem to be able to plot a return journey, if I want to return exactly the same way I came. Does that make sense?

It won't allow me to add the course pointers on the return journey?

e.g. If I plot a route from Uxbridge to Watford, it will allow me to plot one way, but not the way back. I have to plot a seperate course for the return journey.

Is there something in the settings I need to tick?

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• sampras38
    sampras38 wrote:
    Hi,

I've just started using the BikeRouteToaster software to plot courses on my Garmin 705 GPS, and need some advice.

It may just be something I've missed, but for some reason I don't seem to be able to plot a return journey, if I want to return exactly the same way I came. Does that make sense?

It won't allow me to add the course pointers on the return journey?

e.g. If I plot a route from Uxbridge to Watford, it will allow me to plot one way, but not the way back. I have to plot a seperate course for the return journey.

Is there something in the settings I need to tick?

Any help much appreciated.

OK, after a little help from google it seems there is a way round the problem, by plotting the course points by the side of the road on the return journey. This seems to have worked but I'll update again after I'd done the ride. Hopefully the Garmin won't get it's knickers in a twist..;-)
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    why not just plot a route one way then select "back to start" in the "where to" menu? It will just re-trace your route.
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • sampras38
    a_n_t wrote:
    why not just plot a route one way then select "back to start" in the "where to" menu? It will just re-trace your route.
    '

Doh...why didn't I think of that?

Cheers