How keen a cyclist are you?

iain_j
iain_j Posts: 1,941
edited March 2009 in Commuting chat
http://www.quibblo.com/quiz/1lStbQI/How ... st-are-you
for me it wrote:
You're keen on cycling but not as obsessive as the Clinically-Keen Cyclist or as borderline bike bonkers as the Very Keen Cyclist, but you definitely ride lots and spend a fair amount of cash on your precious machine and add-ons. Just got the one bike? Buy more, then you'll be really keen...

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    Very Keen Cyclist
    You ride lots, you buy lots, you're a 'very keen cyclist'. You're not quite as keen as the Clinically-Keen Cyclist but you're well on the way there and for that you should be extremely proud. Try to get out a bit more on your bike so you can wear it out and buy at least another one, perhaps two.
  • steve-m
    steve-m Posts: 106
    Me
    Clinically-Keen Cyclist
    Boy, are you keen. Not only do you ride everywhere, spend every waking moment thinking about bikes and splash much of your income on a stable of them - with more on order - you also try to get others to 'see the light'. Well done, keep up the good work.

Home early on Friday to do a double RP 100Ker.
    Fixed, commute: Langster 08, FCN6
    Road : Aravis (byercycles) Shimano 105 triple
    Hybrid: Trek 7.2 FX, unused / unloved
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Keen cyclist.

I've always cycled, but mostly for commuting or around town. I actually find "cycling" on its own a bit dull otherwise.

I guess my goals are rather where can I go and what can I see rather than how much I can push myself.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    "cyclist"

I wear tracksters
  • pud77
    pud77 Posts: 144
    Cyclist :shock:
  • Very Keen Cyclist

You ride lots, you buy lots, you're a 'very keen cyclist'. You're not quite as keen as the Clinically-Keen Cyclist but you're well on the way there and for that you should be extremely proud. Try to get out a bit more on your bike so you can wear it out and buy at least another one, perhaps two.
  • Keen cyclist :roll:
    "If we all had hardtails we'd all go down the hill, just slower"
    Nick Larsen

Voodoo D-Jab Ti
    Boardman Road Team 09
    Boardman Urban Team 08
    Falcon 3 Speed
  • hmmmmm, a bit road centric, but i came out very keen
  • Keen cyclist - better than I hoped for, TBH! :D
    AT MY AGE, I SHOULD KNOW BETTER !!!
  • Clinically keen...

A bit of a surprise TBH, but I do ride everywhere, and have recently begun spending a lot on bikes.

I think owning a fixie may have tipped the balance.
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    Cyclist

You have a bike, you ride it a fair bit, but cycling is just one of many aspects of your life. Oh dear, much more work is needed if you want to work your way up through the categories: Keen Cyclist to Very Keen Cyclist to Clinically-Keen Cyclist.

Sounds about right!
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • i allways do poor at these as i don't pay any attention to cycle sport.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Well no surprises there really..... Clinically-Keen Cyclist

Boy, are you keen. Not only do you ride everywhere, spend every waking moment thinking about bikes and splash much of your income on a stable of them - with more on order - you also try to get others to 'see the light'. Well done, keep up the good work.

Right off for my morning ride :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Very Keen Cyclist

Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    very keen. I'd go for an upgrade to Clinically Clean but then again I have no job and no money, and I don't think my wife is going to buy me that Carbon racer I had my eye on before I was made redundant....
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Clinically-keen. Whoda thought it? ;)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Very Keen

Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • DomPro
    DomPro Posts: 321
    Very keen - but its possible I'm just going through a phase. (Only been cycling a couple months)
    Shazam !!
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Just says "cyclist" for me... not even keen. :? Despite having conviced my mother, brother and two workmates to join me and the small fortune on two bikes spent.
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    Seems like I have much work to do,

"You're keen on cycling but not as obsessive as the Clinically-Keen Cyclist or as borderline bike bonkers as the Very Keen Cyclist, but you definitely ride lots and spend a fair amount of cash on your precious machine and add-ons. Just got the one bike? Buy more, then you'll be really keen..."
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • Cyclist - it appears I was penalised for not knowing much about the "sport" side of cycling and for being honest - re Fixiie - crazy contraptions! :) A bit like doing a test on how much of a film freak are you and then penalising people who say Jean-Cluade Van-Damme isn't the greatest actor ever. He's fun to watch if you're into that kind of thing but really...
    Pain is only weakness leaving the body
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Cyclist - it appears I was penalised for not knowing much about the "sport" side of cycling and for being honest - re Fixiie - crazy contraptions! :) A bit like doing a test on how much of a film freak are you and then penalising people who say Jean-Cluade Van-Damme isn't the greatest actor ever. He's fun to watch if you're into that kind of thing but really...

..and just like with the cycling ITV4 are doing a JCVD season right now. :wink: Muscles from Brussels. Class.
  • steve-m
    steve-m Posts: 106
    Cyclist - it appears I was penalised for not knowing much about the "sport" side of cycling and for being honest - re Fixiie - crazy contraptions! :) A bit like doing a test on how much of a film freak are you and then penalising people who say Jean-Cluade Van-Damme isn't the greatest actor ever. He's fun to watch if you're into that kind of thing but really...

More like claiming you are a film fan but being outed as you only watch expensively produced Hollywood output. :lol:
    Fixed, commute: Langster 08, FCN6
    Road : Aravis (byercycles) Shimano 105 triple
    Hybrid: Trek 7.2 FX, unused / unloved
  • Very keen cyclist
  • janm399
    janm399 Posts: 132
    Freakishly accurate :)
    Computer geek, Manchester Wheelers' member since 2006
  • Clinically keen. Without having ridden a fixed. :shock:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Clinically Keen hmmm, I think I scored points for watching 3 races this year and having a fixed gear bike when I was 3 :oops:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • girv73
    girv73 Posts: 842
    Keen Cyclist. Hmm. I think it's broken.
    Today is a good day to ride
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Very keen? But I'm one of the "not everything's about cycling, you guys" people on this board! Maybe it's because I wear tights and know Belgians.