I bought a tape measure today... My thighs and calfs

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited March 2009 in Commuting chat
I bored today and desperate to get out in the Sunny weather (Spring yay!) and enjoy my commute home.

SO:

This has no real relevance but to express my - and give others the oppurtunity- sheer awesomeness.

I bought a tape measure today to finally figure out how long my inside leg is. A quick trip to the toilet - to carry out said measurement and I realised I forgot a book (long story, ask Greg66). Instead I decided to take a reading other parts of my body. I now know I'm 25inches around the thigh and 17inches around the calf. This seems kinda large to me... :D

Anyone else keen to share?
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Oh God, not this again!
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    My thighs are 25", I've never measured my calfs. They do seem kinda large but I like them like that :lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    I appear to be 15" around the calves. It's not all muscle though :lol:

I would have a go at my thighs but being a short and curvy lady, umm, they get wider as they go up..! Where'd I measure?!
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • sarajoy wrote:

I would have a go at my thighs but being a short and curvy lady, umm, they get wider as they go up..! Where'd I measure?!

Widest point, obviously!

@DDD: hahhahah!!! You've been spotted by a burd measuring yourself. hahahahahha!! :P :twisted: :D
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • il_principe
    I point you to this:
    prj45 wrote:
    Greg T wrote:
    Shall we just gloss over the unedifying spectacle of grown men sending each other their quad measurements over the internet? (62 - yes 62 - Power packed cm of grind muscle)....

76cm.

Just one of my legs is the same circumference as my boss's waste.

Shooting me at 30mph along Chelsea Embankment tonight, but I'm not playing your silly little game.

I did TOTALLY PWN a LDY LGED R8CRBOY THO !!! LOL !! HAX, 1 MIL POINZ BOOM HEADSHOT!!!!

[/url]
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    My waste is quite narrow compared to my thigh, though I've never considered measuiring it, and I have absolutely no wish to speculate about other people's...
  • DonDaddyD
    I just want to know that I have the longest... I mean largest... I mean oh hell.....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    sarajoy wrote:

Are you? Somehow from your pic I thought you were tall!

16 inches around the calves. My thighs are too sexy to measure.
  • biondino wrote:

Bummer.

I have a similar problem. Mine are so sexy the tape measure keeps wrapping itself around them and rubbing up and down.

Don't even start on my hips.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    biondino wrote:
    sarajoy wrote:

Are you? Somehow from your pic I thought you were tall!

I'm 5'4" in the mornings :D Think there must be summat funny with the camera angle...

As for thighs - hrm, if I measured them at the widest point we'd definitely be approaching bum-territory, not to mention other areas! Maybe I'll just wait until I'm a little better defined ;)
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • 25 in thighs and 17 in calves, mostly all hair though i look like a yeti at the moment.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    14.5" calves, 22" thighs. Racing snake, me.
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    jimmypippa wrote:
    My waste is quite narrow compared to my thigh, though I've never considered measuiring it, and I have absolutely no wish to speculate about other people's...

Lettting the internet know you measure the circumference of your waste is quite disturbing. Not being interested in other people's is only mildly reassuring.

I expect your arse appreciates that it's narrow relative to your thigh. :?

Edit - That was a joke already wasn't it? It's all the fault of booze :oops:
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    _Brun_ wrote:
    jimmypippa wrote:

Lettting the internet know you measure the circumference of your waste is quite disturbing. Not being interested in other people's is only mildly reassuring.

I expect your ars* appreciates that it's narrow relative to your thigh. :?

Edit - That was a joke already wasn't it? It's all the fault of booze :oops:

The post above mine, (Just to confirm that you read mine as I meant it to be read...)
    I point you to this:
    prj45 wrote:
    Greg T wrote:
    Shall we just gloss over the unedifying spectacle of grown men sending each other their quad measurements over the internet? (62 - yes 62 - Power packed cm of grind muscle)....

76cm.

Shooting me at 30mph along Chelsea Embankment tonight, but I'm not playing your silly little game.

I did TOTALLY PWN a LDY LGED R8CRBOY THO !!! LOL !! HAX, 1 MIL POINZ BOOM HEADSHOT!!!!

[/url]
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    prj45 wrote:

Har har, I never noticed that, makes it looks like I've got into the stalls after the boss has been there and started digging out his output to compare it to my thighs.
  • 16" left calf, 15.5" right. Come on right calf!
  • 16" left calf, 15.5" right. Come on right calf!

left handed?
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I need to MTFU, a gurl with bigger calves than me but mine are equal :oops: I don't have odd legs 15" each, maybe I should try with 6 pairs of socks and see how big I am.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • well cycling is in most cases not a power sport so those of us with bigger legs etc just end up caring it around, as extra weight.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    16" left calf, 15.5" right. Come on right calf!

left handed?

Nope, still healing/rebuilding lost muscle.
  • Big Wib
    Big Wib Posts: 363
    Up to this point I had had absolutely no desire to know what size my calves were, now i find myself wondering...

probably need to wait till Mrs BW isn't around as its one of those difficult to explain things
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Big Wib wrote:
    Up to this point I had had absolutely no desire to know what size my calves were, now i find myself wondering...

probably need to wait till Mrs BW isn't around as its one of those difficult to explain things

Especially when the tape measure accidentally "slips" as you start to get interested in measuring other things.

(It goes along the bottom from the back of the base right, not along the top?)
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    To the three posters above...you'll know who you are....it's WAIST! You have a waist, you create waste!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I've fallen into the pedant trap.

As for measurements, nope...no way...doesn't mean a thing anyway in terms of performance potential so a complete red herring.

Might as well measure your head to determine how intelligent you are!
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • DonDaddyD
    Littigator wrote:
    As for measurements, nope...no way...doesn't mean a thing anyway in terms of performance potential so a complete red herring.

No matter what anyone tells you, SIZE does matter.

:roll: :P :roll:
    Food Chain number = 4

• Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    Well I guess you must be right. The leaner the meaner. My thighs are 22, so a good bit slimmer than most posters but I'd be happy to race ya round Richmond Park anytime

:wink:
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • lost_in_thought
    Ooooooh DDD have you unwittingly thrown down another gauntlet?

Post details so everyone can attend!
  • Careless talk costs pride... :wink:

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • il_principe
    Look at Pendleton, her thigh's ain't that big but she would comprehensively kick the arse of anyone who posts on here...
  • lost_in_thought
    Look at Pendleton, her thigh's ain't that big but she would comprehensively kick the ars* of anyone who posts on here...

True true... but then look at Chris Hoy...

*looks at Chris Hoy*

Any excuse :D
  • DonDaddyD
    Littigator wrote:
    Well I guess you must be right. The leaner the meaner. My thighs are 22, so a good bit slimmer than most posters but I'd be happy to race ya round Richmond Park anytime

:wink:

22inch thighs... racing a dude with 22inch thighs :roll: , Shoot, I'd have to keep telling myself you were actually male so that I wouldn't subconciously remain behind you gazing at your misleadingly long-slender-female-thighs. :P :P :P

@ Jash: Pendleton has big-ish thighs.
    Food Chain number = 4