Trek Fuel Ex 5.5 2009 or Specialized FSRxc Comp 2009

kingsfool
kingsfool Posts: 189
edited March 2009 in MTB buying advice
Come on then everyone.....which one is better!
BUrN mY EyES

Comments

• you don't have to keep making different threads mate, 1 would do!
    The Bikes in Question.

Fuel EX 5.5
    Spech FSRxc
  • yeah sorry! new to this business hey? any advice then?
    BUrN mY EyES
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    don't evans do a test thingy ma' jig/

If so, go test them both - since there both from market leaders, spec value is around the same, would come down to which one rode the best for me.
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • ummmmm. very simiar.
    Personally I prefer the spesh. looks nicer and has 1 or 2 better parts on it. see if you can test them both and see what fits :)
  • i am a spesh fan. will give them both a ride but maybe it would be good to try another brand? if the componenst on the spesh are slightly better would that mean the frame is not as good as the trek? they do make their own components too that will bring the price down i suppose.

which frame is better, hey? for upgrading and such.
    BUrN mY EyES
  • if your looking to upgrade, spend more on a better bike. will work out cheaper in the long run.

won't notice much difference n the frames till you test the bike.
  • btw, the spesh comp frame is the same as the spesh pro.

same with the trek till you get to the carbons.
  • true. gonna go test them and decide. but is the spesh frame better than the trek?
    BUrN mY EyES
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    That Trek doesn't have a few of the features that you get with the EX7 upwards. No ABP brake pivot thing and no fully floating rear triangle.

I haven't ridden the high end models(7+), but tried the 6.5 and it still felt super smooth (only in the street, but I did take it down a flight of steps :lol:) and I much preferred it to the FSR XC expert.

I'd choose the Trek, but that's purely personal preference, they're very closely matched.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    I agree they were closely matched as I took a long time in deciding between the two. In the end went for the Spesh but there was only a whisker in it.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    Trek does it for me, but thats just personal preferance
    2014 Whyte T-129S