ukracer
ukracer Posts: 421
edited March 2009 in Road buying advice
Any recommendations?
I quite like the Rudy Project Sportmask performance but not sure if a bit "GAY"

Comments

• DaSy
    DaSy Posts: 599
    My recommendation would be for Rudy Project Rydon's with the Impact X photochromic clear lenses.

I have tried and sold on so many cycling sunglasses that have just not suited me for one reason or another. The RP Rydons are great, very adjustable for fit and so easy to get them comfortable. The lenses going from clear to really quite dark means they work all year and in all light conditions.

I got mine from The Specs Place at £79 which is much cheaper than anywhere else I found, and the service was good.

http://www.thespecsplace.co.uk/product_detail.cfm?id=139
    Complicating matters since 1965
  • fnegroni
    fnegroni Posts: 794
    I bought two pairs of Bolle safety glasses.

Mates thought they would cost 50 or so quid each, so I tried selling them for 30 pounds each. They were keen, until I told them I bought them for a fiver each.

The plastic admittedly is not very well finished, but they are the same lenses used in Bolle high street models.

Moreover, they are cheap to replace, and they weigh 22 grams.
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    + 1 for Rudy Project Rydons.
  • timcla
    timcla Posts: 88
    + 1 for Rudy Projects Rydons with the impact x photocromic lenses 8)
    fitness is for life
  • pud77
    pud77 Posts: 144
    Bolle Contour safety glasses 8)

I'm with fnegroni. Cannot knock 'em for the pricely sum of £4.50 a pair delivered (ebay). Just got myself another clear pair as my 2yr old previous set were starting to scratch up a bit.
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    I don't think you can go wrong with Oakley.
    I've been using them for nearly 20 years now.Yes they are expensive but when you wear them you see why.
    I've just bought some new Radars to replace my old sturdy M frames and the fit is perfect for me and a huge array of lenses for every occasion
  • damoando
    damoando Posts: 40
    pud77 wrote:
    Bolle Contour safety glasses 8)

I'm with fnegroni. Cannot knock 'em for the pricely sum of £4.50 a pair delivered (ebay). Just got myself another clear pair as my 2yr old previous set were starting to scratch up a bit.

I think I was ripped off - mine cost me £7.50. Will buy this years pair from eBay!
  • GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    I wear my Army issue ESS ICE shields. Interchangeable Clear, Dark and Yellow lenses and a comfortable wrap around fit, they do the job nicely. Not the most stylish looking things out there but functional and (to me) Free!