new tyres

dcab
dcab Posts: 255
edited March 2009 in Road beginners
the time has come for a change im currently on conti gp 4000s and went all last season without a puncture, so they deffo make the grade! but i have been seeing good reports about michelin pro race 3? do i stick or swap?
veritas vos liberabit

Comments

• Stick if you`re happy.
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2
  • DomPro
    DomPro Posts: 321
    I got a new set of Pro Race 3. They seem pretty good but I have only done 50 miles on them so far. Few deep cuts on the exterior but nothing serious at the moment. One thing i've noticed is that they seem really tough. At a 100psi they feel rock solid which is a bit unussual compared with my old Conti ultra sports, which were crap by the way.

I've heard the 4000s have proven to be more puncture resistant. :?
    Shazam !!
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Out of GP4000s and PR3s I'd go for the PR3s....

However I'm currently using Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX on my North Wales bike, and they feel soooo much better than the PR2s they replaced.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • ginger J
    ginger J Posts: 68
    I've been using the pro 3's since October and been on my bike all through the winter.Fantastic performance in some less thatn favourable road conditions.
    :D
  • cyclingpunk
    cyclingpunk Posts: 368
    My Pro 3s are really sweet... well chuffed with them so far. I got 25's though as I prefer the slighly bigger widths.
  • cyclingpunk
    cyclingpunk Posts: 368
    My Pro 3s are really sweet... well chuffed with them so far. I got 25's though as I prefer the slighly bigger widths.