rock shox tora 302

richard6540
richard6540 Posts: 5
edited February 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
just purchaced felt compultion 3 with rock shox tora on and the lock out doesnt seem to work is there a quick fix or should i send for service, have read all info on sram web site but has no info on lock out not working. :?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    how do you mean it does not work?

have you read/downloaded the manual?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse, have read the instructions have turned lock out leaver top off folk right hand not remote, and there is still the same movement as in the open position.
    Thanks
  • dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    how much movement? they are designed to have a very small amount of travel when locked out.
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Yes, should have 20mm of movement when locked.

They also have a blow off for bigger hits.

If they have been stored upside down the damper fluid can drain into the top of the fork and diminish its function. Try cycling the fork through its full travel 20-30 times.
  • turbodog
    turbodog Posts: 246
    I took mine back to the local bike shop for warranty repair on damper cartridge replacement. It is well known as there are many bad batch of rock shox tora 302.

If you are unsure, take it back to the shop and ask them to do some tests.
  • thanks for info, as i serched info on web last night i checked evens cycles for folk service (£70) and replacment spring (£30) ,basically what im trying to say, is it not cheaper buying a set of new folks every time due for service. I will look in servicing my self once clear garage. Where is best place to purchace all the service gear ie oils grease ect. :?:
  • dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    its cheaper to DIY it.

If you look after the fork (Ie cleap it clean and away from damage) you should be able to just replace oil and keep the seals snd bushes in place.

I get oil from CRC.
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    If the bike is new then get the fork repaired or replaced under warranty.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • to all, as stated earlyer in the week i have just purchased a felt compultion 3 to replace my old but very reliable univaga, and all the gear is all the more advanced these days, with the tora folks, air rear suspention(fox), and disc breaks, any advice on what i should stock up on for service and maintenance, ive got all the tools and just ordered pump for rear suspention. thanks