average 10 mile time trial times

love2ride
love2ride Posts: 224
what is everyones pb 10 mile time trial times from this or last season?

Comments

• Why this or last season?
    I have'nt done a 10 since 1991. Think i done it in about 23
  • fairly confident i will go under 23mins this season, remember though this is a very varied thing as course speed differs greatly, for example for the national 10 champs last year two juniors from my club(Guernsey Velo) were not considered contenders due to their pb's being 21s but after the event they were 1st and 2nd in times for 19 56 and 20 05 i think
  • I have absolutely no clue! But I will let you know when I do my first one in April/May time. Still yet tyo join a club and get on my bike! Expect to be around 19;30 ha ha!
  • Wow, 26% if everybody can do 20-22 minutes but nobody can do sub 20. :P
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    KKspeeder wrote:
    Wow, 26% if everybody can do 20-22 minutes but nobody can do sub 20. :P

I can. One way, with a hurricane force tailwind and a rocket shoved up my *ss. :wink:

Dennis Noward
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    My best was a flat 10 mile at about 26:49 :(

For a hilly 10 mile was 32:53
  • Tino4444
    Tino4444 Posts: 281
    Hi,

I have never done a time trial but am considering it. Are they generally done on flat ground or a mixture of hills and flat?

Sureley though if 2 people do 2 different time trials then their times may differ not due to their fitness levels but more due to the amount of hills.

My commute to work is 11.5 miles and I do this is 45 mins without pushing myself to the limit, however at least 4 of the miles are up very steep hills!

Tino.
    Speciallized Allez 09...great bike shame about the wheels!!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Tino4444 wrote:
    Hi,

I have never done a time trial but am considering it. Are they generally done on flat ground or a mixture of hills and flat?

Sureley though if 2 people do 2 different time trials then their times may differ not due to their fitness levels but more due to the amount of hills.

My commute to work is 11.5 miles and I do this is 45 mins without pushing myself to the limit, however at least 4 of the miles are up very steep hills!

Tino.

People do time trials on the same course and are usually all logged into a table.

You have flat time trials, mixed and hilly.
  • Dug
    Dug Posts: 153
    PB is 21.26 for a 10.
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    Tino4444 wrote:
    Hi,

I have never done a time trial but am considering it.
    Tino, give it a try. Find a local club and ask about joining, though you can usually do a couple on a 'come and try' basis. I started last year and it was good, I wished I'd done it sooner. I hesitate to describe it as "fun", cos if you can say that you're probably not trying hard enough.

Most courses are fairly flat but they vary. Even the wind direction and strength can make a noticeable difference to times. My best time in 2008 was 25:34, I am hoping to at least match that this season. The fastest guys on our course manage 21~22 mins. :shock:

Try to find out where the course goes so you know when to turn up to sign on, what to expect along the way and where the start and finish are. Some advice here.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.