Who decides what threads are acceptable ?

moray_gub
moray_gub Posts: 3,328
edited February 2009 in Pro race
Following on from yesterdays deleted thread i would like to know who decides what threads are acceptable and what threads are not acceptable on the RACE forum ? Is it the case that if certain posters dont like the threads then they will see it gets deleted , so come on who decides what we can read and what we cant ?

MG
Gasping - but somehow still alive !

Comments

• :D
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Following on from yesterdays deleted thread i would like to know who decides what threads are acceptable and what threads are not acceptable on the RACE forum ? Is it the case that if certain posters dont like the threads then they will see it gets deleted , so come on who decides what we can read and what we cant ?

MG

Are you markwalker's dad or something?

The byline to the Race forum says "talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms" - the thread in question was clearly off topic.
  • I think youll find that in all its forms adequately describes the content.

the content was about competitive road and track cyclists

the content was not sexist

any way leave my dad out of this.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    markwalker wrote:
    the content was not sexist

Hottest cyclist wasn't sexist? I didn't see any picture of Frank Schleck or Tom Boonen in there, both of whom many ladies like.

The thread should've just gone in cake stop
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • moray_gub
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

MG

Are you markwalker's dad or something?

The byline to the Race forum says "talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms" - the thread in question was clearly off topic.

I cant arsed with people,on forums who get all high and mighty and think they can decide what others can and cant read even though they themselves are guilty of what they accuse others as i suspect is the case here. Anyway so does that mean any thread not directly related to comp road cycling will be deleted or is it just certain ones that get deleted ?

MG
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,103
    I find the sexual objectification of women in particular, and female cyclists specifically, objectionable.

I made my opinions known. Which is, after all, what forums are for.
  • andyp
    To answer your question MG, it would appear that the forum moderators decide which threads are acceptable.
  • afx237vi
    Moray Gub wrote:

I cant arsed with people,on forums who get all high and mighty and think they can decide what others can and cant read even though they themselves are guilty of what they accuse others as i suspect is the case here. Anyway so does that mean any thread not directly related to comp road cycling will be deleted or is it just certain ones that get deleted ?

MG

All of the threads on page 1 of Race look pretty on topic to me. They're all directly or indirectly related to bike racing. I don't know how that particular thread got noticed by the mods, but it clearly wasn't relevant to this part of the forum.

As iain says, there's a long running thread in Cake Stop that covers exactly the same topic. If you want to leer over female cyclists, just go there. I don't see what the big issue is.
  • moray_gub
    andyp wrote:
    I find the sexual objectification of women in particular, and female cyclists specifically, objectionable.

I made my opinions known. Which is, after all, what forums are for.

Yea you made your opinions known all right know by lowering the tone of the thread. My opinion is many of your posts seem to end up being abusive and that was just another example of that.

MG
  • andyp
    How can my comments on a thread titled "who is the hottest female cyclist" have lowered the tone exactly? It started in the gutter. I just called it out for what it was.
  • moray_gub
    afx237vi wrote:
    [
    I

As iain says, there's a long running thread in Cake Stop that covers exactly the same topic. If you want to leer over female cyclists, just go there. I don't see what the big issue is.

Leering over female cyclists is irrelevant here its abour threads being deleted becuase someone doesnt like the content. That kind of crap kills forums. Whats the next step banning posters becuase you dont agree with their opinions ?
  • andyp
    It's called moderation. Get over it.
  • moray_gub
    andyp wrote:
    How can my comments on a thread titled "who is the hottest female cyclist" have lowered the tone exactly? It started in the gutter. I just called it out for what it was.

You brought masterbation and sex into iit for a start, now i have no problem with that what i do have a problem with is the likes of you complaining about the content when you are directly responsible for it being like that.

MG
  • moray_gub
    andyp wrote:
    It's called moderation. Get over it.

Yea but its a bit much when the people calling for moderation are responsible for the content.

MG
  • afx237vi
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    [
    I

Leering over female cyclists is irrelevant here its abour threads being deleted becuase someone doesnt like the content. That kind of crap kills forums. Whats the next step banning posters becuase you dont agree with their opinions ?

No, the kind of crap that kills forums is a) people posting completely off topic and juvenile threads and b) people posting threads that are thinly disguised attempts to have a dig at other members.

What is the point of this thread? Other than to start an argument... It wasn't even your thread that got deleted!
  • andyp
    Now that's irony - I'm being accused of a) being a prude and b) being responsible for the sexual nature of the thread.

Which is it?

I called it for what it was.
  • Andy it was you that turned the thread into an overtly sexual one assuming the people interested in the thread wanted "wan**** material". Comments like that do you a great dis service.

You were the one that couldnt grasp the idea that the female form is not always an object of sexual satisfaction, and you were the one who couldnt help himself to keep coming back. You seem to have some serious issues, perhaps you should seek help in getting a more enlightened outlook on sexuality. I dont know when you were born but i imagine your very much stuck in the seventies.

Tsk :roll:
  • andyp
    Anyway, I'm out. I'd rather talk about cycling.
  • moray_gub
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    [
    I

No, the kind of crap that kills forums is a) people posting completely off topic and juvenile threads and b) people posting threads that are thinly disguised attempts to have a dig at other members.

What is the point of this thread? Other than to start an argument... It wasn't even your thread that got deleted!

What does that matter whos thread it was its the reasons behind the deletion i object to.

MG
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    So go post in the bikeradar office and ask the mods.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • afx237vi
    markwalker wrote:
    Andy it was you that turned the thread into an overtly sexual one assuming the people interested in the thread wanted "wan**** material". Comments like that do you a great dis service.

You were the one that couldnt grasp the idea that the female form is not always an object of sexual satisfaction, and you were the one who couldnt help himself to keep coming back. You seem to have some serious issues, perhaps you should seek help in getting a more enlightened outlook on sexuality. I dont know when you were born but i imagine your very much stuck in the seventies.

Tsk :roll:

Is this a joke?

You start a thread about female cyclists with the best t*ts and you accuse someone else of being stuck in the seventies?
  • moray_gub
    DaveyL wrote:

Well its reasonable to ask in here becuase this is where the complaint originated from and as you well know this section has many experets to call on.

MG
  • moray_gub
    DaveyL wrote:

Well its reasonable to ask in here becuase this is where the complaint originated from and as you well know this section has many experts to call upon

MG
  • moray_gub
    DaveyL wrote:

Well its reasonable to ask in here becuase this is where the complaint originated from and as you well know this section has many experts to call upon

MG
  • afx237vi
    Moray Gub wrote:
    What does that matter whos thread it was its the reasons behind the deletion i object to.

MG

So instead of starting another bitchfest, just ask a mod why it was deleted. I imagine they'll tell you exactly the same thing I told you - it was in the wrong forum.
  • moray_gub
    DaveyL wrote:

MG
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    DaveyL wrote:
    +1
    Sometimes a long argument via the forum is not the best method, an email to the mods or a PM to them can be a lot better.
  • moray_gub
    DaveyL wrote:

MG
  • moray_gub
    DaveyL wrote:

MG
  • moray_gub
    DaveyL wrote:

MG
This discussion has been closed.