how often do you ride/train?

grumlethegoat
grumlethegoat Posts: 44
Luckily my job allows me afternoon time to ride/train and my husband works from home so we go out around 5 times a week. 2 hard mainly off road rides, 2 on road 20 mile-ish and one short sharp ride about 10 - 15 miles fast as you can pace.
What does every-one else do? do you think rest days are good? what are your long rides?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Used to be on the bike seven days a weej - but much less now due to health problems.
  • Furkuk
    Furkuk Posts: 71
    I try to get out everyday. I do between 7.5 to 15 miles :D I will increase the distance in spring :D
    Now the owner of a GT Aggressor XC 3
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    I used to do full-on rides of 10-15 miles but the last few years I have kicked right back and now I do 25-35 miles at 60-75% effort a couple of times per week

The Chase has some 20-25 mile loops right out of my front door and I try to get over to Mid-Wales whenever I can for longer rides.
  • Graydawg
    Graydawg Posts: 673
    Commute 4 miles a day monday - friday and then try my hardest to get out every sunday for a run round one of our local rides - at least 10 mile distance if I can!

Love it!!!!! :lol:
    It's been a while...
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Cycle at least 10 miles every day.
    Run 5 miles at least twice a week.
    Weights twice a week.
    Surf whenever there is any.
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    I am only getting to Cwmcarn about twice a month at the moment with no riding in between,I am really feeling unfit so I need to get out at least once a week! I managed to get out a couple of times a week last summer and felt great for it !!
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    commute 40 miles a week, night ride on a wednesday of about 15 miles, then a sunday all dayer, which varies depending on what we do....sometimes its a big XC adventure, others its a bit of DH.....

Then on really good weekends (like last weekend) we go up north for and do an epic on the saturday and another on the sunday!
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    I have recently got back into riding and have been doing 15-20 mile rides after work each day this week after doing it three times last week (mainly bridle paths). I'm finding that my health is improving, even over this short period.

Absolutely loving it!
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    Commute every day on a bike, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday out on the bike. Tuesday and Friday gym and a run, on a Sunday swim and a rest.
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • marinman1
    marinman1 Posts: 262
    one or two proper rides, maybe a street ride one casual commute to work and weights most nights each week, also the occasional run if i'm in a hurry, to and from work about a mile each way, nothing major.