2 right orrid pains !

shae
shae Posts: 105
edited February 2009 in Health, fitness & training
Ok, " things for you guys

1. when i ride (Whitch has been twice ) i get a pian in my hands, just in the palm, by the thumb, , what can i do and why is it ?

2. Now i have got rid of a sore, painfull rear end, i really do get a numb hampton, member or what ever else you call it !

Comments

• 1) Specialized BG Comfort Locking Grips HERE

2) eh? :lol:
  • Look for a set of gloves with a gel palm that protects the Ulnar Nerve ? How far are you cycling ? Also have you tried padded under shorts to protect your Hampton(WTF) the option is seat adjustment but its a case of trial and error on that one really.
    Bikes are drugs and Im pedalling

http://sherwoodpines.yolasite.com/
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    What saddle are you using? Try something with a cut away element down the middle, which is designed to relieve pressure where it counts! Sounds like your current one is cutting off the blood flow to your tackle, so do something about it smartish!!

You may also have the saddle angled too far back, so try tilting it forward.
  • Furkuk
    Furkuk Posts: 71
    Before you go spending any money try adjusting the seat each time you go out. Small movements at a time until you find the setting that suits you. Also are you holding the grips too tight. Try relaxing more. Good luck :D
    Now the owner of a GT Aggressor XC 3
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    As far as your hands are concerned, it might be something as simple as rotating your bars forwards or backwards to get a more natural hand position. I used to get exactly the same problem with my Giant - in the end I had to swap the bars for ones with a different profile.

With the saddle it's all down to personal preference - it's very difficult to recommend one as everyone is different. What I would say though is check the angle of the saddle - the top of it should be more or less parallel to the ground. Then, if possible, tip the nose of it down ever so slightly.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • shae
    shae Posts: 105
    dave_hill wrote:
    As far as your hands are concerned, it might be something as simple as rotating your bars forwards or backwards to get a more natural hand position. I used to get exactly the same problem with my Giant - in the end I had to swap the bars for ones with a different profile.

With the saddle it's all down to personal preference - it's very difficult to recommend one as everyone is different. What I would say though is check the angle of the saddle - the top of it should be more or less parallel to the ground. Then, if possible, tip the nose of it down ever so slightly.

I dont get ya ! How can it be parallel and titlted forward ?
  • shae wrote:
    dave_hill wrote:

I dont get ya ! How can it be parallel and titlted forward ?
    What he is saying is start by getting the seat parralel then tipping the nose forward slightly for preference, Try adjusting it small amounts at a time though its amazing how the slightest angle makes you feel as though you are pitching forward or sliding off the back of the seat.
    Bikes are drugs and Im pedalling

http://sherwoodpines.yolasite.com/
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    It is surprising how much tilting the nose down a bit can help !