Adjusting reach on Juicy 3's ? Help required

deadliest
deadliest Posts: 471
edited February 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
How do I adjust the reach on my Juicy 3's ? The back goes right back to the bar but after I pump it a little it stiffens and grabs really well.

Gonna take it to the LBS in a couple of weeks but wondered whether there was a short term fix ?
Bikes are drugs and Im pedalling

http://sherwoodpines.yolasite.com/

Comments

• If its a new bike there is a possibility they just need bleeding. But saying that the ergonomics on the Juicy is a bit wack and do tend to do this. Its a common problem to have the leaver blade crush your other fingers with these brake. You can wind the leaver really far out but its not ideal by a long shot.

There is a little grub screw in the leaver blade. Well there is two one is just the locking pin it the other one you are after.

You can also try pulling your wheel out and then pulling the brake slightly on to bring the pads in. Then stick the wheel back in. The juicys self adjusting system is poor so my doing this you actually force the pads closer to the disc and so get a better leaver. The disc will tend to drag a bit more and the lever can work its way back to the way it was.
  • fozzy17
    fozzy17 Posts: 339
    deadliest wrote:
    How do I adjust the reach on my Juicy 3's ? The back goes right back to the bar but after I pump it a little it stiffens and grabs really well.

Gonna take it to the LBS in a couple of weeks but wondered whether there was a short term fix ?

it also sounds like the caliper on the disk isn't sitting right, slacken the caliper alan key bolts pull the lever in a few times, then on the final pull tighten the caliper back up, also as mentioned above, about taking them off and then pulling lever in slowly so the pads are closer together and re-fit.