Help !!! What bike should i buy.

Will B-S
Will B-S Posts: 3
edited February 2009 in MTB buying advice
Hi, im looking to buy a hardtail bike with decent spec and good susspention and brakes. my budgit is £500-£600. I mainly do road cycling because of my paper round so it needs to be quite lightweight but i also do trails so it needs to be quite rugged.

Thanks, Will

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Have a check of our What Hardtail thread for popular choices.

Carrera Fury, Specialized Rockhopper and Gt Avalanche are all great entry level machines. Try them for size.
  • at the risk of repeating myself, you cant go far wrong with a Boardman from Halfords. excellent bike for the money.

i sometimes wish Id bought one. usually on steep climbs.
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    What about cube bikes on chainrectioncycles

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=30538
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Phonk7
    Phonk7 Posts: 178
    Hey try the diamond back dbr 01 if u go on pauls cycles hes reduced it from £1000 to £587 which is an awesome deal for what you getting like rock shox recon xc forks etc etc or u cud try the giant xtc 2.5 which is slightly over ur budget at £616 on pauls either way ur getting an awesome bike :D
  • Phonk7
    Hey try the diamond back dbr 01 if u go on pauls cycles hes reduced it from £1000 to £587 which is an awesome deal for what you getting like rock shox recon xc forks etc etc or u cud try the giant xtc 2.5 which is slightly over ur budget at £616 on pauls either way ur getting an awesome bike :D
  • Phonk7