The real benefit of Lance's return

donrhummy
donrhummy Posts: 2,329
edited February 2009 in Pro race
We actually get cycling on tv in the U.S. :) Versus is not only showing the TOC but Paris-Nice (Paris-Nice!! In the U.S.!), Criterium International and of course the TDF. If they had the rights, they'd probably be showing the Giro but I think RAI has the only rights to it (I could be wrong).

They also had highlights of the tour down under. It's a good start.

Comments

• Just to whet your appetite:-
    PROFIL.gif
    PROFIL.gif
    PROFIL.gif
    PROFIL.gif

The Giro is available in the US, but it costs $

Lets just hope it lasts longer than Lance, for you guys. :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • donrhummy
    Just to whet your appetite:-
    PROFIL.gif

*Salivating* I can't wait! I LOVE summit-finishes. I really wish they had more of these in stage races. That looks like it's going to be a great stage.
    The Giro is available in the US, but it costs $

Any idea how to get it?
    Lets just hope it lasts longer than Lance, for you guys. :wink:

At this point, they only thing we can hope for is that Lance's comeback lasts multiple years. Otherwise, I don't see this continuing. :?
  • Of all the cycling. tv packages, many of which are a complete rip off, the Giro seems to be the bargain but. It's only $9-99
    Here's where to look:-
    http://www.cycling.tv/ViewArticle.dbml? ... ID=1444510
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • donrhummy
    Of all the cycling. tv packages, many of which are a complete rip off, the Giro seems to be the bargain but. It's only $9-99
    Here's where to look:-
    http://www.cycling.tv/ViewArticle.dbml? ... ID=1444510

Thanks. the only thing is I've heard horror stories about cycling.tv. I don't want to pay and then have it go down 50% of the time or get poor/choppy feeds. Any idea if they've fixed the problems?
  • I actually quit cycling.tv two years ago because of feed problems that they insisted were at my end.

They are now using a different software system and I watched most of the ToC without a hiccup.

While $10 may sound cheap, you can see the Giro as it was meant to be seen, on RAI international.

I'll be impressed when I can see the Paris-Roubaix live on TV.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    I actually quit cycling.tv two years ago because of feed problems that they insisted were at my end.

They are now using a different software system and I watched most of the ToC without a hiccup.

While $10 may sound cheap, you can see the Giro as it was meant to be seen, on RAI international.

So clearly wealth =/= progress then!

Strava is not Zen.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    I actually quit cycling.tv two years ago because of feed problems that they insisted were at my end.

So clearly wealth =/= progress then!

Strava is not Zen.