White Tyres

Brixtonbiker
Brixtonbiker Posts: 100
edited February 2009 in Road buying advice
Now you can even get white tyres.

Continental Grand Prix 4000 Ltd Edition White Tyre

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Conti ... 1987/#size

I think they look cool...How long will they stay white though..

Comments

• Now you can even get white tyres.

Continental Grand Prix 4000 Ltd Edition White Tyre

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Conti ... 1987/#size

I think they look cool...How long will they stay white though..

I'm sure Vittoria have been doing tyres with white treads for some time now.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • mmmm... never been keen on coloured tyres. Well they would stay white for about 100meters maybe..
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    they will stay white as long as you don't ride them...
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    White Vredestein Fortezza Tricomps stayed white just long enough to convince me they were actually practical. Once I'd taken delivery of another couple of sets the first set started to go off-white, cream and then kind of as mustard(y) colour.

If you've got a brilliant white frame they soon detract from it when they start to fade.
    The Vreds have white shoulders and mainly white sidewall with a black tread. I think the white tread and black sidewalls on the Conti will look crap even quicker.

I'm going to use up the sets I've bought but when they're done it'll be back to red/black Tricomps.
  • Once I bought white tyres, Vittoria Rubino, I thought they would have looked cool on my bike, but once on the bike , they did look terrible... I couldn't wait to wear them off and to be honest I was quite happy when they got dirty

Resist the temptation, white tyres only look good on 1940s cars
    left the forum March 2023
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Putting white tyre on makes as much sense as wearing white shorts the day after you've drank 14 pints of Guiness and had a curry.
  • People are obviously buying them though as Wiggle are out of stock all ready!