Pain in the knee

Bikerbaboon
Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
I have developed a pain in my right knee only. I think its due to me moveing my saddle back to far on th rails causing me to have to push forwards and down when rideing. I have changed the saddle pos and now i can push straight down on the power stroke. But hows best to get my knee to fix up? The pain is like some one poking the pit of my knee with the blunt end of a pencil.
Should i keep off hte bike for the next week or so and see.
should i have light spinning on the bike to keep it moveing.
or trundle off to the docs ( I dont hold GP's will even do anyhting as its a sore knee in hte end.)

Ta for any advice
Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    I did something like this a while back Something's happened to my knee

I eased off for a few weeks and fortunately it's OK now.
  • Langers
    Langers Posts: 95
    Try stretching your quads (hamstrings and hips too).
  • Dr Tinkle
    Dr Tinkle Posts: 49
    Dont know if i'm too late on this one but I have crap knees all reconstructed and stuff and I know what you're talking about. Be careful of that feeling as it means your joint has been operating slightly out of line. You've fixed the cause now get your knee back in shape.
    Best excercise by far is straight leg lifts. Sit on floor legs out in front and push the back of your knee down to the floor. You are trying to get you heel to raise up as high as you can. I can clear abot 2 or so inches now. Hold it, pulse it, lift the whole leg do what ever you like but get it strong by focussing on the muscles just above the knee not the middle quads.
    Good luck chap
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    thanks for the replies just a bit of an update realy knee is doing loads better after 2 weeks off the bike managed 6 hours yesterday on it and it held up fine.
    I have used streaches but not hte leg lifts. i will have to give them a go.
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas