Avid bleed kit does it also work on Formula brakes

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited February 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
Been looking everywhere for a Formula bleed kit with no joy. Does the Avid bleed kit work for Formula brakes the kit looks similar. Do the pipe fittings fit and do you bleed Formulas using the same set of instructions.
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    the treads are not the same but it can work take care. Also the Avid one may catch the Formula adjuster.

Not tried it as i have both.

img0257.th.jpg

Formula top Avid bottom.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Yes, it does work fine with formula's, well, oro's at least, I bleed mine with the juicy bleed kit and use the same instructions, just remember that the formula lever needs to be vertical as the grub screw is behind the lever blade not on the body of the reservoir, also, when removing the grub screw from ther caliper banjo bolt, lay the bike on its side as formula have a little o-ring in there which will come out and dissappear as the fluid drips, if you lose this you cannot seal the brakes and they will ooze fluid! Do the same for removing the syringe too.
    This is all refering to oro's, not used other formula.