DMR pro 26 rear wheel

XxxBFGxxX
XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
edited February 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
Cleaned the bike of yesterday and noticed my rear wheel has a little bit of side movment wen i wobble it. is this normal as i have neer noticed it before its alwasy felt solid. it feels like the axel may be lse. how would i sort this out. cheers.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    not normal.

either tighten the bearings or replace them. it depends on the hub.

have a look and see.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • XxxBFGxxX
    how can i tightern them mate. its only a slite movment at the moment.
  • nicklouse
    what is the hub?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • XxxBFGxxX
    its the one that came with the rim mate. its the dmr hubb. just gonna see if i can get some pics from the dmr site for ya to lok at mate
  • XxxBFGxxX
    http://www.dmrbikes.com/?Section=produc ... d=WHPRO26R

this is the wheel mate not sure on what the hub is.
  • nicklouse
    as it says
    cartridge bearings
    nothing you can do other than change the bearings.
  • XxxBFGxxX
    dam how much ya reckon that will cost chap. what would of made them go so quick only had the wheel about 3 month if that.

cheers for ya advise mate
  • XxxBFGxxX
    is it a easy job to do my self. and what bearings would buy mate
  • yes, match the bearing codes that are on the shields of the old bearings. get some matching ones off ebay or your local bearing suppliers. drift the old ones out, press the new ones in.
    -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Resident Grumpy Smurf
  • XxxBFGxxX
    cheers guys.

juat hd a look at it and there is a bit loose i am sure its not ment to spin round it looks like the housing over the bearing is loose coz the same bit on the oposite side dont spin freely. the spindle spins as normal and still fells very smooth
  • in english please?
    -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Resident Grumpy Smurf