i want track drop outs...

bowerysbreak
bowerysbreak Posts: 9
edited February 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
brazons etc... can i cut the drop outs from a frame and weld track drop outs on... if so how do i go about it and where do i get me some...

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    basically you can not.

what is your frame and what is it made from?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    If you have a suitable frame, ie steel, the cost of the job will be very close to that of a new frame. I was looking at butchering the back end of my Kona then realised that I'd need a repsray as well as the brazing and parts. Just looking at Argos Cycles webby you'll need to find £110 for the respray and £105 for the dropouts or you can buy an On-One slot dropout Inbred for £175 + carriage, though I paid £165 with carriage. The choice is yours.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    And if it's aluminium or titanium you can forget it completely.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • wow brant richards must be killing it in the dropout market 175 for a peice of laster cut 5mm plate steel, shit i tell ya what ill do it to you for half the price! alternativly im sure youd find an on-one inbred down your local rubbish tip, just take a hacksaw to the dropout and you dont have to give that tosser brant any money! quids in!
    -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Resident Grumpy Smurf
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The onone is 175 for the whole frame lol.
  • pah id still rather ride something thats been found at the tip and welded together rather than give that egotistical tosser a penny
    -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Resident Grumpy Smurf
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Not a fan than?!

lol, he has left now anyway, works for CRC.
  • oh god im gonna have to boycott crc now.
    at least he aint on the same island as me anymore. a fan? yeah please a really big, sharp, fast spinning fan in his face would be nice
    Resident Grumpy Smurf