C2C?

rider of the night
rider of the night Posts: 26
edited February 2009 in Health, fitness & training
Im currently preparing to do the C2C..... if you wanted to do it in under a day what kind of training should i do and how much harder is it doing it with off road tyres? (i like a challenge)
custom kona (dirt) dawg primo

Comments

• I did the C2C last June, great day out. What route are you taking?
  • squeeler
    squeeler Posts: 144
    C2C in one day, on a mtb? :shock:

I did the 140-ish mile sustrans route from whitehaven to Sunderland last year over 3 days taking all the off road options, I think it may be manageable in two but you'd have to be superhuman to attempt it in a day
  • We organised it through work there was 40 people doing it in total over 1, 2 and 3 days, 2 days was most popular but I did it with 3 others we were all on Cyclocross bikes. We were worried about the terrain on our wheels etc but seemed to manage alright. 10hrs riding @ 14mph average, home to the east coast in time for tea!!

We did the Whitehaven to tynemouth route.
  • you'd have to be superhuman to attempt it in a day

[puts undies on outside of trousers]
    Did it a few years ago in just over 13 hours.
    It's not too bad, seriously, and the off-road sections are not particularly testing.
    I'd recommend semi-slicks at the very least; otherwise just lots of time in the saddle. And get some minty arse lard.
  • squeeler wrote:
    C2C in one day, on a mtb? :shock:

I did the 140-ish mile sustrans route from whitehaven to Sunderland last year over 3 days taking all the off road options, I think it may be manageable in two but you'd have to be superhuman to attempt it in a day

were doing it whitehaven to sunderland...
  • you'd have to be superhuman to attempt it in a day

[puts undies on outside of trousers]
    Did it a few years ago in just over 13 hours.
    It's not too bad, seriously, and the off-road sections are not particularly testing.
    I'd recommend semi-slicks at the very least; otherwise just lots of time in the saddle. And get some minty ars* lard.

any training tips?
  • lots of time in the saddle, that's about it!
  • lots of time in the saddle, that's about it!

cheers!
  • The Merida mountain bike marathons that are spread out all over the country have a great website and some super tips on there. It boils down to riding a fair bit but gives advice on things like nutrition, bike setup, what to carry, kit etc.

www.mtb-marathon.co.uk.