Yet another what bike...

Simonb256
Simonb256 Posts: 880
edited February 2009 in XC and Enduro
Im hopefully getting another bike. Thoguh this time, im putting some more thought into it.

I usually ride stuff between black rated XC and red rated FR kind of stuff, so nothing huge.

Though I inttend to ride a few enduro's this year. So it needs to be comfy for long period of riding. (Im not a competitive rider in these, it's just nice to come out without injury tbh, having almost broken my ankle riding D2D a couple of years ago).

Anyway:

The list I've whittled it down to is as follows:

Charge Duster Hi ('08) (here)
Cube LTD Race ('09) (here)
Felt Compulsion 2 (yes the one with the mint sauce stickers) (here)

The issue is that it is via the Cycle to work scheme so has to be sub £1000. (though I will be upgrading if and when).

I know the felt has a more upright riding position but considering my last bike was this 06gtIDrive7-1.0.jpg
and I managed most trail centres near the midlands and Wales with this comfortably, it was just too tall...
"War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength." George Orwell - 1984

Comments

• Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    surely you should decide whether you want full suspension or not, for the riding you describe however, the cube fits the bill, and is cheap :D
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • True I should be able to say FS or not, but its a case.

The FS is there as sometimes I just have the urge to play and do bigger stuff. Though big stuff for me is never really bigger than 4/5fr drop, which can be done on a HT.

It's more of a case of I'd go for the FS but the HT's are there as they have a more racey, less confined cockpit than the focus does. Whcih would be better for enduros and proper XC.

Plus I dont want to be shamed with the mbuk decals. :P
    "War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength." George Orwell - 1984
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    decals can be taken off / covered in mud.
    But i hear what you say, and you don't want to end up witrh a bike that dosen't suit.
    maybe look a t some slightly burlier hardtails, such as saracen zen.
    but for XC the bikesc you've chosen are good, the cube is amzing value for £, i'd go for it.
    That said if you like steel frames, you could try the charge, although the kit isn'tv amazing.
    any chance you could test ride these bikes?
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1