Pictures pictures pictures

Right Hello lads

what i was wanting to know here is, couldn't the website be made for when we post a picture the picture is not huge with sliders at the side and is the size of a post reply box or slightly bigger, then when you click on the picture once , it will open up to the actual size of the picture.

or is that not possible, i would of thort it would be possible ???

:wink:

Is this the kind of stuff we can discuss in here ?
S-Works Carbon StumpJumper
XTR
Fox
Betty 7

http://www.youtube.com/BigBadJohn118

16 Years old and has owned an S-Works Epic M5 HardTail With a full XTR Groupset

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hello!
    I don't think it's much of a problem is it?

If anyone's got issues with the size of pics then they can always flag a post and we'll sort it.

Merci,
    M
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    you can do this in using thumbnail provided by the image hoster. which does manything like reducing the bandwidth used by the forums and the hosting site.

the Images you posted of the families Spesh bikes were bigger than the forum allow so ended up with the sliders.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • One more question please,

What program do you use to resize the pictures and make them 10kb or under

as i am using Adobe Photoshop and have resized the pictures to the right dimensions and they are about 50kbs too big ?

Any idea please ?

S-Works Carbon StumpJumper
    XTR
    Fox
    Betty 7

http://www.youtube.com/BigBadJohn118

16 Years old and has owned an S-Works Epic M5 HardTail With a full XTR Groupset
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    same program just change the quality.

or use a hosting site that does thumbnails

like this

img2001sv6.th.jpg
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    One more question please,

What program do you use to resize the pictures and make them 10kb or under

as i am using Adobe Photoshop and have resized the pictures to the right dimensions and they are about 50kbs too big ?

Any idea please ?

Re-size in Photoshop, optimize the file size in Image ready.

FWIW, I usually set the size to 400 px wide at 72ppi then jump to Image ready. Can usually get the file size down to around 25k.

For some reason, that I'm at a loss to articulate, Photoshop re-sizes better than Image ready and Image ready optimizes better that Photoshop.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill