Best Tubs?

quickfeet
quickfeet Posts: 11
edited February 2009 in Track
Continuing with the topic of tyres, I have just recently brought a pair of Corima 4 spoke track wheels and was wondering if anyone has any advice on the best tubs to get for them. I will be using them on both indoor and outdoor tracks but mostly outdoor at reading any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Quickfeet.

Comments

• scherrit
    scherrit Posts: 360
    Reading is quite hard on tubs, the surface is pretty rough (erm, grippy) and there are usually a fair number of safety pins and the like lying around to cause punctures in the infield, so I tend to run bulletproof conti sprinters or steyers for wheels used at Reading. Some blokes are running tufo (S3's??) which seem pretty robust as well....
    YMMV,
    Cheers,
    Scherrit.
    If you're as fat as me, all bikes are bendy.
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    As I said in your “Track wheels for sprinting” thread you are going to struggle to find a good compromise.

If you want robust and puncture proof for outdoors, they aren’t very grippy indoors. If you want grip and a great supple ride indoors, they get destroyed outdoors.

Try Conti Tempos (see my comments about these in the other thread) or maybe the Vittoria Pista CS (the cheaper non EVO version) but it will be compromise all the way.
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • suze
    suze Posts: 302
    conti sprinter...outdoor
    conti tempo...indoor
    �3 grand bike...30 Bob legs....Slowing with style
  • acorn_user
    acorn_user Posts: 1,137
    Have you tried a Challenge Criterium? It's a road tub. I am running the clincher version, and although it is very light, it has proven extremely reliable, grips well and is very supple. I use their cyclocross tubulars and am a big fan, although I did get them at a team price.