favourite form of riding

love2ride
love2ride Posts: 224
what is every ones favourite form of cycling?

Comments

• chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    You don't have it as an option, but my favourite is just going out and finding new routes from A to B and enjoying a good long ride....Audax was my vote as a result.
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • Barrie_G
    Barrie_G Posts: 479
    Another that you don't have as an option, I'm purely a leisure/fitness rider, I'll often try to beat my previous times for a particular route but that's just for my own entertainment.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    off road time trialling - what's that all about..?
  • its when they time you cycling round a course off road. it might not be called that but you know what i mean.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,892
    Cyclocross you mean?
  • not really. I tried to put that on the list but There were to many.
  • Track
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    love2ride wrote:
    its when they time you cycling round a course off road. it might not be called that but you know what i mean.

maybe you and your mates have timed yourselves round the local woods - but that doesn't make it a legitimate discipline...

half term this week, isn't it..?
  • year it is half term. and I havnt timed myself round the woods with my mates. i train for road. any way Ive read about events like it in 'what' mountain bike'. sorry if Im wrong but a forum isnt just there to point out other peoples small mistakes.
  • softlad - we have off road time trials here in France. Often part of a longer loop at a VTT rando (Mountain Bike loop). It works like this...

You set off on a 40km loop, after perhaps 20km you reach the start of the 'chrono' section. The timekeeper sets you off, riders usually at minute intervals, and you go like the clappers. The chrono sections are usually around 10kms long. Your time is taken. You ride them as seen. No pre-riding of the course. You ride the final 10km home at whatever speed you want. We normally ride home in groups as a warm down.

Favourite form of riding? How's about bowling along in a fast moving break of around half a dozen riders?

SB