WOOHOO finally got my road bike

dg74
dg74 Posts: 656
edited February 2009 in Road beginners
and I like it.

http://www.pythonbikes.com/race.aspx?bikeid=5

and as I'm a beginner, think it's a canny bit of kit to start with (mind, this was after being outbid for 7 other bikes this last week, the last one being a really nice Pinarello Monviso road bike).

So, £250 paid, I await it's arrival with anticipation.

Comments

• Looks like a nice bit of kit for that price! Enjoy!
  • Enjoy! That looks no' bad for the money.

I got my brand spanking new bike on Friday, haven't had a chance to go out on it yet due to the snow. Oh well.
    Boardman Team Carbon

Cube LTD Race

Knackered old Mountain Bike of indeterminate origin.
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    that is a good deal !! my advice would be don't upgrade any of the bits, it will be more than fine for years to come, wear and tear excepted...

(actually the only thing that you may struggle with is if the seat doesn't suit you.. but make sure that you wear proper bike shorts and go out for a few rides before making a decision on that)
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • dg74
    cheers all, cannot wait to get out on this bike.

And what with LIDL'S bike clothing stock about to hit the shelves, sub 300 spends should see me right for the coming spring/summer.
  • dg74
    Bike just arrived.

Have to say it is truly in mint condition and a total bargain! And very, very light which I was surprised at.

Now for the snow to bugger off and I can get out on it. Hopefully.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    dg74 wrote:

Have to say it is truly in mint condition

so it should be - presumably it was new...?
  • dg74
    softlad wrote:
    dg74 wrote:

Have to say it is truly in mint condition

so it should be - presumably it was new...?

No mate. Picked up off Ebay. Looks like it hasn't been ridden more than a dozen times. Tyres still have loads of tread left and their is evidence of the bike either A: just been serviced or B: still the original lube on the shifters, etc.

Just not a mark on the bike.
  • Sounds like you got a pretty good deal, worth more than double what you paid new right?

Ride safe & enjoy!
  • dg74
    geerfree wrote:
    Sounds like you got a pretty good deal, worth more than double what you paid new right?

Ride safe & enjoy!

I'd say so. Talking to the guy I bought it off, he wanted a lot more than I won it for!

Felt sorry for him.
  • dg74 wrote:
    geerfree wrote:
    Sounds like you got a pretty good deal, worth more than double what you paid new right?

Ride safe & enjoy!

I'd say so. Talking to the guy I bought it off, he wanted a lot more than I won it for!

Felt sorry for him.

If he wanted more he should have started the bidding higher. Thats an absolute bargain if its in new condition.

You might even be able to sell it for more in a year or so, when you sell it to upgrade.