Is there really that much difference

2»

Comments

• DV1 wrote:
    There is a huge difference between the 2 , road bikes are generally lighter and just plain built for speed ,

However i tend during the winter to ride my mountain bikes a lot more on the road as opposed to my road bike ( specialized tarmac elite),mainly because i dont want to screw up my pride and joy

So am Right in thinking That really if your serious about cycling on the open road than doing say 40+ miles per session you need a Decent hardtail for winter due to weather and A road bike[pride and joy] for the good english summer???
  • DV1
    DV1 Posts: 22
    DV1 wrote:
    There is a huge difference between the 2 , road bikes are generally lighter and just plain built for speed ,

However i tend during the winter to ride my mountain bikes a lot more on the road as opposed to my road bike ( specialized tarmac elite),mainly because i dont want to screw up my pride and joy

So am Right in thinking That really if your serious about cycling on the open road than doing say 40+ miles per session you need a Decent hardtail for winter due to weather and A road bike[pride and joy] for the good english summer???

Well thats what i go with , every ones different !!!
  • DV1 wrote:
    [quote="DV1"

Well thats what i go with , every ones different !!!

I like your style,it sort of makes sence

Not unless there are any other opinions?
  • Well...

You could always buy a road bike for racing, one for sportives, one for commuting, one for TT's, a cross country mountain bike, a free-ride mountain bike and downhill mountain bike!!! 8) :P

HOWEVER, if you only have a limited source of money, poke around on the on-line bike shops, see what you can reasonably afford, and take some test-rides. See what you like, see what fits your proposed use best. Bearing in mind, some bike shops will try to sell you a more expensive bike that you don't want, so beware!
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke