first road ride

jmeadows
jmeadows Posts: 335
edited February 2009 in Road beginners
after moths of deciding what road bike to get 2 weeks ago i finally got it, sold my mtb which got me back on 2 wheels for the first time in 16 yrs which i got last year.
got out for my 1st road ride this morning and it felt grrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeaaaaaatttt!
when i got my mtb i got the buzz you got when you were on a bike as a kid but the roadie was even better!
handling took a short while to get used to but the bike is so much lighter and quicker its unreal. gears felt great, really smooth, really enjoyed it, so much am gona join the local cycling club, liverpool merc.
anyway thought i would share that with you all! :D
never hurts your eyes to look on the bright side of life...

Comments

• GibboGT
    GibboGT Posts: 287
    Actually I must join in, i've never had a road bike before my singlespeed Touche I got a month or so back. Got a puncture the other day and had to go back to the mtb, it felt so heavy and slow! there is a light hill on my commute, I can accelerate from 17mph to 19.5mph on the singlespeed, on the mtb I hit it at 17mph and end up at about 12-15mph by the time i'm at the top. It's just stupid!

Will still go back to the mtb in the summer as I can hit the downs on my way home, but never thought i'd be converted in such a way :oops: