National Driving Week (March 2nd)?

downfader
downfader Posts: 3,686
edited February 2009 in Campaign
Anyone else getting these emails (perhaps I have signed up to something I shouldnt have LMAO!!)?

It appears its National Driving Week from March 2nd onwards. Perhaps we cyclists should use this as a week where we all use cars (I'll have to take the bus as I dont have a licence) and show the public the diffence a bike can make? :lol:

Comments

• I had a quick look on the net. Your post ranks very highly. There is anational safe driving week but it seems to be pomoted mainly in Canada. I am all for safe driving.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    I had a quick look on the net. Your post ranks very highly. There is anational safe driving week but it seems to be pomoted mainly in Canada. I am all for safe driving.

I appear to have been spammed by some monkey. LOL. Seems like a practical joke, perhaps someone put two and two together from my youtube account. :? I'm getting a fair few comments off one numpty on youtube as it is, perhaps it was him :lol:

TBH I couldnt care less if there is a driving week, I'll just ride by on the bike :wink:
  • On uk.rec.cycling I once proposed a 'National no Cycling Day' to be held the day before National Cycle to Work Day. The point was to highlight the positive impact that cycling would have on traffic. If everyone who usually cycled had to drive or take public transport then major cities would grinde to a halt.

Of course you can never coordinate everyone, and I doubt that there would be many takers when they would have to stump up for travel expenses and congestion charges.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.