First time racing Question.

ma123
ma123 Posts: 87
edited February 2009 in Amateur race
Hi im looking at entering some early seaon closed circuit CAT 4 races this year for the first time this year and im waiting for my club jersey to arrive, is it O.K not to wear your clubs jersey and still race in there name?
(im looking at using a plain Jersey with little brand names on)

Also if you puncture on a closed circuit race I take it its game over as by the time youve repaired it youre several laps down.

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    From the BC Rulebook:

"8.1.9 - In Road and Track events, Youth, Fourth and Provisional category licence holders and BC non licence holders will be allowed to wear any suitable clothing whilst competing in events under the Technical Regulations of the Federation, including that bearing registered or unregistered advertising"

So you should be ok.

On closed circuits, you can normally take a lap out for punctures, so time to change a wheel, but probably not replace a tube. Whether you are allowed to re-join is ultimately the decision of the commissaire officiating at the event though (so ask nicely :wink: ).
  • NaB
    NaB Posts: 105
    Spare wheels (yours or a friend's) on the start/finish line is your best bet I reckon and is common practice at crits. Problem is remembering which wheels belong to you...not unheard of for riders to go home with someone else's spare