Pinnacle Lagerra 1.0

185nick
185nick Posts: 57
edited February 2009 in Road beginners
Hi, sorry I've put this post twice on this forum, wasn't sure of best plae to put it. I am looking towards getting my first road bike and was aiming towards a budget of £500, but as all budgets are there to be exceeded, I've seen this:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/pin ... gn=froogle

I would be grateful to hear people's opinions about this bike and if you think it is a good buy.

Cheers
Nick

Comments

• LeighB
    LeighB Posts: 326
    Looks fine to me, good specification, make sure it fits you. If you can try to look at or even try one at your nearest Evans branch.
  • Thanks Leigh, I would definately try before I buy. It's too much money to lay out without being sure.
  • I've got a Sentinal 2 which is the bike one step down from this, virtually the same except this has 105 over Tiagra.
    It's a nice fast bike and comfortable, try it out.
  • Thanks guys, I'm near an Evans store on Tues so will hopefully try one then, as long as they have one in stock. Will phone them tomorrow, you never know they might agree to get one in if they haven't already got one.

What are the Pinnacle frame's strength/reliability like please? If I went for one am I likely to have any issues with the joins of the carbon insert on the seatstay and do you think these inserts will improve the ride at all?

Cheers
    Nick
  • No problems with reliability since September at least, they have a lifetime warranty on frame anyway. btw Lagerra has a slightly different geometry to the Sentinal, 15mm slightly longer.
  • Cheers guys spoke to evans yesterday and the shop I'm going to be near on tues has one in stock in the size I think I'll need, so I'm gonna try it out.
  • Well, I tried a Lagerra 2.0 yesterday - they didn't have a 1.0 in my size, I loved riding it and was really comfy, so ordered one (Lagerra 1.0 that is) and it'll hopefully be with me middle of next week :lol: Can't wait!