Thursday the New Friday

woodyonthebeach
woodyonthebeach Posts: 583
edited February 2009 in Commuting chat
Right after a particularly late night early morning I may feel a little fragile.

After perfecting the art of horizontal cycling, in my back garden this morning I eventually got into work.

What is best cure for a hangover out there. Does anybody have any personal favourites or have any advice to get rid of one.
The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now

Comments

• Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    Winter surfing. The first duck dive will give you the worst ice cream headache but after that you will feel fine.

Not a lot of surfing around here though so you might have to throw yourself in the Thames.
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Right after a particularly late night early morning I may feel a little fragile.

After perfecting the art of horizontal cycling, in my back garden this morning I eventually got into work.

What is best cure for a hangover out there. Does anybody have any personal favourites or have any advice to get rid of one.

More booze, you know it's right, warning the first pint might make you gag a little, depends on the level of hangover, after that it's all good....

NB: Excessive drinking drinking or binge drinking is NOT big or clever - you should maintain a CONSTANT level drunkenness for best results.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    20 fast miles on the bike! If it makes you throw up then all the better. Follow this with a large, freshly baked pizza and a coke. mmmmmmm.
  • Out on the bike, sweat it out, then carbs carbs carbs, lemonade and tea/coffee. If it's a bad one and you have stuff to do then isostar or high5 energy drinks help...

Depending on the magnitude of the hangover and the plans for the evening, it may be a cunning plan to get back on the booze at lunchtime or afternoon tea-time...
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    If you can't manage 20 miles then at least ride up a long hill and push it. Works for me on the ride to work. It's by no means a mountain but if I ride to the point of feeling sick then my head's clear when I get to the top.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Feltup wrote:
    Winter surfing. The first duck dive will give you the worst ice cream headache but after that you will feel fine.

I'm not sure I could do this. I'd probably be curled up in the foetal position, whimpering and rocking on my backside staring out at the ocean.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    cjcp wrote:

I'm not sure I could do this. I'd probably be curled up in the foetal position, whimpering and rocking on my backside staring out at the ocean.

Sometimes, against all the odds, I make it out the back on a large day and then I do the same as you as I wonder how the hell I am going to catch a wave to get back in!
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Skiing is the only 100% effective hangover cure I've ever found.

Although... sex is good, because at least for the duration you forget the hangover. The question is whether the duration is long enough :)
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    biondino wrote:
    Although... sex is good, because at least for the duration you forget the hangover. The question is whether the duration is long enough :)

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Would you stop with the sex already!!!!

:roll:

:lol::wink::lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    [Would you stop with the sex already!!!!

Funny, that's what she always says.
  • biondino wrote:

tried sex this morning. didnt work I even phoned in late for work. still to no avail.

back to the drawing board
    The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    biondino wrote:

tried sex this morning. didnt work I even phoned in late for work. still to no avail.

back to the drawing board

Try it with a partner, might work bettter :wink:
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • DonDaddyD
    biondino wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Well played sir! 8)
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD

was this followed up with a fryup? That always works for me - sometimes even without the sex.
    Food Chain number = 4

• biondino wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • If you can contemplate sex, you don't have a hngover. MTFU
    Dan
  • PS Is that how you got your name?
    Dan
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    cjcp wrote:
    Feltup wrote:

With you all the way cj 8)