Gert Wilders

teagar
teagar Posts: 2,100
edited February 2009 in Campaign
So the UK is refusing to let Gert Wilders into the UK?

Any opinions?

Personally, (I'm half Dutch so I've followed his ridiculous antics for a while), I think it's pretty silly that he was refused entry.

Cleary his ideas are unsavoury, plainly wrong, and even evil, but, as a result, he's also a complete idiot.

Surely letting him into the UK would just let everyone see how much of an idiot he is? Now he's become more of a hero to those with an unsavoury political inclination.

He's pretty unpopular in the Netherlands now, now that most people have realised how much of an idiot he is.
Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.

Comments

• ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    I am British but live in the Netherlands, and have followed this article also. Geert Wilders knew on Tuesday of this week that he would be refused entry into the UK. A high ranking official acting on behalf of the British government informed him personally, he also recieved a letter explaining why he would not be admitted to the UK. Despite this, pig headed Wilders decided to go through with his planned visit. He was followed to Schipol airport (Amsterdam) by a hoard of journalists, was pictured in the departure lounge showing his boarding pass and typical Widers, loved every minute of it, being the centre of attention.
    This was nothing more than a publicity stunt for Pig-headed Mr Wilders. If you ask me the Uk. should have taken Mr Wilders apart from his group to a waitng plane and taken him back to the Netherlands without informing his entourage and press followers. He would then have got no publicity in the UK.To be honest Geert Wilders is living on borrowed time, it wont be long before he gets shot, stabbed or blown up by one or another extremist group. At least we wont have to put up with him anymore.
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • So we won't let an anti-Islamic fruitcake in, but can't kick an Islamic fruitcake out?

It's a funny old world :roll:
  • [quoteTo be honest Geert Wilders is living on borrowed time, it wont be long before he gets shot, stabbed or blown up by one or another extremist group[/quote]

It is probably the existence of many of these types of extremists you mention above in the Netherlands that have helped to foster the man's views. I am not sure exactly what the views are. If they are anti-Islamic extremists then fair play.

If they are anti-Islam as a religion, then to be honest, also fair play also, though I would expect him to open himself up to criticism and face in debate, those who disagree with his views.

I also do not see the problem with taking the opportunity of creating a publicity stunt out of the affair. If he had been allowed in with no protest, we would never have known of his presence. At least his publicity stunt did not result in the deaths of innocent people.
  • It's a complete afront to the right to free speech in this country.
    If it were somebody who was coming to show a film to the House of Lords about the views of Fundimental Christians and The Bible's pronunciations on sex outside of marriage, homosexuality, contraception, other religions, then he'd be in without so much as a blink.
    As it's because he raises the unacceptable (to those who regard democracy as a right and free speech as a right) side of Islam, then he can't be let in.
    As it is, the actions of our incompetant Home Secretary have done more to raise his & his film's profile.
    Geert Wilders is living on borrowed time, it wont be long before he gets shot, stabbed or blown up by one or another extremist group. At least we wont have to put up with him anymore.

This highlights the issue graphically, the violent side of Islam and the intolerance of other peoples' views.
    It also highlights the intolerance of sectors of the population outside of Islam to other peoples' views.
    I'd not heard of this bloke before, seeing him on TV, he looks like a rather unfit gay nazi.
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
    Voltaire
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • So we won't let an anti-Islamic fruitcake in, but can't kick an Islamic fruitcake out?

Here, here.

Another point, had he not been banned from our shores and been allowed to show his film at the house of lords to a private gathering, no one in the general public would have been any the wiser. He could have come and gone with the minimal amount of fuss and 99.9% of the population would have had no idea this film existed. Given the reaction of the government though a lot of people will now be curious to see what the film contains. By banning his entry he has achieved a lot more publicity than he could have wished for in his wildest dreams. :roll:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • andy_f
    andy_f Posts: 474
    He should have hidden himself in a wheelie bin and get his cronies to load him on a lorry bound for England, not only would he get in, but he'd get a house and benefits aswell.
    "Let your life rule your job, not your job rule your life"

Born to ride, forced to work.
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    So we won't let an anti-Islamic fruitcake in, but can't kick an Islamic fruitcake out?

Here, here.

Another point, had he not been banned from our shores and been allowed to show his film at the house of lords to a private gathering, no one in the general public would have been any the wiser. He could have come and gone with the minimal amount of fuss and 99.9% of the population would have had no idea this film existed. Given the reaction of the government though a lot of people will now be curious to see what the film contains. By banning his entry he has achieved a lot more publicity than he could have wished for in his wildest dreams. :roll:
    If you know anything about Geert Wilders then you will know that is exactly what he was hoping for :wink: Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura