New Steed Arrives Tomorrow

Hurricane151
Hurricane151 Posts: 632
edited February 2009 in Commuting chat
Got the call today that my new bike arrives tomorrow.

I plumped for the Specialized Allez Sport, First ever "real" road bike. Normally use a hybrid so hoping to see a big difference on this one.

Excited but aprehensive at the same time!!

Comments

• tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    Steed steed steed please! I have been doing facebook and WHAY CAN'T ANYONE SPELL??

I hope you new bike is nice though! If your going to a roadie for a first time your in for a treat!
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Would you mind correcting "why", "your", "you're" and "you're" please :)
  • If your going to a roadie for a first time your in for a treat!
    ...and you're "going to" what "a roadie for a [the?] first time"? scalp? slap? get a nod of acknowledgement out of?

:)

_
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Mouth open, foot in, good work :D
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Got the call today that my new bike arrives tomorrow.

I plumped for the Specialized Allez Sport, First ever "real" road bike. Normally use a hybrid so hoping to see a big difference on this one.

Excited but aprehensive at the same time!!

Good man. An Allez was my first step up from Hybrid to Road. You'll notice a huge difference and wonder why you ever bought the Hybris in the first place - well I did. Infernal things hybrids. Welcome to the wonderful world of Roadies!
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    Yep, I had an Allez for my first road bike as well. Welcome to the world of lascivious lusting after new shiny bits and constant wants of upgrades....errrr or is that just me???

Nope, I think that's most people on here :D
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • Hurrah! Enjoy it Hurricane!

And tardie: pot kettle black? Hmmmmmmmm?

And no, Litts, that's just you. Yeah. Everyone else has had the same bike and kit for years.... :oops:
  • An Allez was my first step up from Hybrid to Road. You'll notice a huge difference and wonder why you ever bought the Hybris in the first place - well I did. Infernal things hybrids. Welcome to the wonderful world of Roadies!

I so hope so. I'm upgrading from a hybrid to a road bike through C2W and when I was in my LBS on Saturday (here's why), my bike had arrived.

I was able to take it out the box, build it, sit on it and then had to hand it back while I wait for the voucher from my employer.

My employer reckons it will be another couple of weeks! You b*****ds!
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    Hurrah! Enjoy it Hurricane!

And tardie: pot kettle black? Hmmmmmmmm?

And no, Litts, that's just you. Yeah. Everyone else has had the same bike and kit for years.... :oops:

Quite the opposite in fact my esteemed cyclisterist. It is you and you only that insists on riding around on rusty old ponies that should've been put out to grass years ago. Observe at the next Morperth drinks if you will the shiny sparkly new bits of kit that most of us insist we absilutel NEED to continue having any chance of cycloing properly

Ahem, I think I've just argued myself in circles again.

ps, I almost misspelt cyclisterist by missing out the first 's' :oops: :oops: :oops:
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • well, It has arrived and...... it's broken!!! gutted.

I have had it to the LBS and it needs a new set of shifters. So not going to be able to get on it for a few days at least.

Well and truely sick!!
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    How fricking annoying! New shifters should be fitted rapido though, not a big job.
  • yeah, there sending some new ones out today, should get them tomorrow / fri and might be up and going by monday.

Just a bit annoying to be honest but hey these things happen!!!
  • tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    Hope the fixing happens quickly!

As for my spelling... It's allowed if someone else does it first. Think cars in the bike lane! 8)