Why am I Hungry all the time?

holmeboy
holmeboy Posts: 674
Okay, there seems to be a few food related posts so here's a question for all you dieticians. Why am I Hungry all the time? Am eating plenty but I can't just get enough! Help!!!!! :? :(:cry: :roll: :wink: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Comments

• A few suggestions

Are you drinking enough - sometimes hunger and thirst signals are similar

eat slower

I'm guessing by the user name that it's not the 'that time of the month i could eat everything, thing" - but then maybe you are just coming our in sympathy for your other half

There is also a theory about eating carbs making you more hungry - but i'm not sure of the science behind it.
  • Are you eating a varied diet? Could be craving a particular micro-nutrient...

also the thirst thing ^^
  • holmeboy
    Yep I drink plenty. Funny thing is I always feel I cycle better when I feel slightly hungry.Have noticed this a few times over the years, seems like I can get in the groove better when i feel slightly hungry. Have also noticed the opposite when I feel too well fed, like It's hard to keep up any effort. :shock: :roll: :oops:
  • i got like this a few months ago, do you eat within about 20 minutes of getting up?
    when i do im starving an hour later, and then for the rest of the day, so now ill not have anything for an hour after getting up then have some breakfast, seemed to do the trick
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    another vote for the hydration thing.... maybe you need to drink different things? do yyou just drink water ?

also it's true that digestion requires blood flow so it's tough to eat then ride straight away.

maybe you need to eat slightly different things ?
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • Murr X
    Murr X Posts: 258
    holmeboy wrote:
    Yep I drink plenty. Funny thing is I always feel I cycle better when I feel slightly hungry.Have noticed this a few times over the years, seems like I can get in the groove better when i feel slightly hungry. Have also noticed the opposite when I feel too well fed, like It's hard to keep up any effort. :shock: :roll: :oops:
    I usually go better when slightly hungry as well - nobody believed me until I started training with power and the evidence was as clear as could be. 8)

Honestly I can't help answer why you are hungry all the time, there could be 100 reasons and it is too hard to tell.

Is it that you are really full up and you still have a strong desire to keep eating more, or are you physically still feeling hungry?
  • holmeboy
    Genarally I eat as soon as getting up, weetabix, wholemeal toast, have banana at 10, lunch at 12 ish banana/something at 3, dinner at 5 followed by fruit/toast/crackers and cheese etc between then and bed time. Have always had a large appetite, it's why i started running in 2000, weight approaching 16st. i drink mainly lots of water, tea genarally 1 coffee a day after dinner, and energy drink when my family havent got there first and I do like cocacola for at work. I would say the fealling REALLY hungry bit has been over the last 3 weeks, I can have a large 3 coarse meal and still feel like eating something more after it. I have started to lift slightly bigger weights with a few more repeats at the gym twice a week maybe it's just my body adjusting to that? Obviously I do need to eat something eventually when out cycling on longer distances when fealling good, or eventually I'll blow up, but have to make the effort to stop and eat.. :D :shock: 8) :lol::o :P :cry: :roll: :wink:
  • Tapeworm???
  • Tapeworm???

Lol....funny but entirely plausible comment....

Perhaps there are just too many processed sugars in the diet such as the coke at work. The hunger pains could just be sugar lows after the high.
    17 Stone down to 12.5 now raring to get back on the bike!
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    holmeboy wrote:
    Genarally I eat as soon as getting up, weetabix, wholemeal toast, have banana at 10, lunch at 12 ish banana/something at 3, dinner at 5 followed by fruit/toast/crackers and cheese etc between then and bed time. Have always had a large appetite, it's why i started running in 2000, weight approaching 16st. i drink mainly lots of water, tea genarally 1 coffee a day after dinner, and energy drink when my family havent got there first and I do like cocacola for at work. I would say the fealling REALLY hungry bit has been over the last 3 weeks, I can have a large 3 coarse meal and still feel like eating something more after it. I have started to lift slightly bigger weights with a few more repeats at the gym twice a week maybe it's just my body adjusting to that? Obviously I do need to eat something eventually when out cycling on longer distances when fealling good, or eventually I'll blow up, but have to make the effort to stop and eat.. :D :shock: 8) :lol::o :P :cry: :roll: :wink:

Dude by the sounds of it you're eating every 2-3 hours, which is highly reccomended, and so it sounds like you have developed a super fast metabolism. Rather than storing what you eat (i.e. as fat) the body knows that when the fire is running low it can count on you to top it up. If you're not pilling on the pounds I don't really think there is anything to worry about. When you skip meals the body never knows where the next meal is comming from so therefore panics and stores what it gets for later just in case you forget to give it some, so you end up putting on weight.