What model bikes did lance ride in all his tours?

warrior4life
warrior4life Posts: 925
edited February 2009 in Pro race
Does anybody know what model bikes lance raced on in all his tours? :twisted:

Comments

• not sure what he rode early on, but in later tours he rode the Trek Madone.
  • which type of madone?
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Google is your friend.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Ive tried google
    6288 Posts: 131
    there was actually a cycling news feature a year or so back about this with a display at the trek factory of all his winning bikes etc ... search on there ...
  • Some of them are shown Here
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Didnt he ride Lightspeeds to begin with rebadged ?

But its 'Not about the Bike'
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    Yeah, I think at least the first one was something else with a Trek paint job.
  • From Wikipedia 'In the 1999 Tour de France, Lance Armstrong rode a titanium Litespeed Blade painted and labeled as a Trek during time trials.'
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
    6288 Posts: 131
    Some of them are shown Here

that was the link i was after ... cheers
  • Thanks for that, ive just got hold of an 07 madone 5.0 with an oclv 120 carbon frame and i wanted to know if it was anything like the early frames lance raced on.
  • caloi... he didn't win on one of those thou
  • He won the '93 worlds on a Caloi branded Litespeed.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    He seems to always have a really long top tube. I'm sure there's a good reason for it, namely his body shape, bit it looks kinda weird, dontcha think?
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • cougie wrote:

his new book:" It's about the groupset: buy SRAM"
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Was he riding one of those 'girls bikes' with a compact frame in Australia ?
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    cougie wrote:

th_13717_Lance_Book_02_122_596lo.jpg
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Yeh Armstrong would have used an equivalent priced frame but they have probably updated
    the frame since 05, this is assuming that the frame on the madone 5.0 was the top of the range carbon frame.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    The TdF USP frames were standard OCLV120 carbon frames to start with. Look at pictures from 1999 and it's a regular headset/bars (Cinelli) which then change to Deda 215 and Newton 26 stem to change to Bontrager by 2005. As his success increased, Trek developed the frame into the 5500 and the 5900 SL (Superlight), the latter being OCLV110 carbon. I think the final TdF was an early Madone.
    Wheels were Kyriums then Bontrager with customised Hed for TTing. The 1999 TT bike was indeed a Litespeed Blade and Trek were then required to develop their own bike. Earlier bikes were Caloi and Merckx during the Motorola years
    M.Rushton
  • If I were a Lance, and had any cycling talent whatsoever, I ride up and win alp d'huez on the cheapest Chinese eBay bike I can find.

That is a statement.
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    If I were a Lance, and had any cycling talent whatsoever, I ride up and win alp d'huez on the cheapest Chinese eBay bike I can find.

That is a statement.
    No you would not.....you would ride what your sponsor supplied you with..end of :roll:
    so many cols,so little time!
  • If I were a Lance, and had any cycling talent whatsoever, I ride up and win alp d'huez on the cheapest Chinese eBay bike I can find.

That is a statement.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    If I were a Lance, and had any cycling talent whatsoever, I ride up and win alp d'huez on the cheapest Chinese eBay bike I can find.

That is a statement.

Hahah yeah... he'd only have to double his usual EPO dose for that ... no problem for him
    www.dotcycling.com
  • emadden wrote:

That is a statement.

Hahah yeah... he'd only have to double his usual EPO dose for that ... no problem for him

You guys make me laugh soooo much ... :lol::lol::lol:
  • emadden wrote:

That is a statement.

• emadden wrote:

That is a statement.

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Blimey - it wasnt THAT funny ! ;-)
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    emadden wrote:

That is a statement.

Ah, clearly you are a person who has irrefutable proof that the person whom you have libelled in the above statement has/is taking PEDs. Naturally you will be bringing this evidence to the attention of the various sporting bodies as opposed to publicly announcing your knowledge on a cycling forum unless of course you are referring to the poster Mr.Nostrand, who may not take kindly to you saying he is taking EPO
    M.Rushton
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    emadden wrote:

Tell me :- Would his TUE cover a Double Doze ??????????
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • cougie wrote:
    Blimey - it wasnt THAT funny ! ;-)

...Aah come on it is, I never missed Seinfeld ... that Kramer never made any sense, but he always made me laugh ..
    :lol::lol::lol: