ALDI Cycling Gear.

shaunos
shaunos Posts: 84
edited February 2009 in Commuting chat
Any one know whether ALDI are likely to be selling any more of there cycling gear??

I know this Crane Sports stuff gets mixed review on here, but for the daily commute its got to to cheap ( that way I get to buy some more expensive gear later ).

Had a look on ebay for a pair of MTB shoes, some muppets are paying more for a second hand pair than ALDI were selling them for in the first place!!!!!

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,704
    Around April. They do it twice a year, once at the start of winter and once at the start of summer.

The tops, socks, shoes etc are all ok, but don't touch the shorts or tights. They're awful.
  • duckson
    duckson Posts: 961
    I picked up quite a few bits last time round (Sept) and its all good stuff for the price. The baselayer tights are ok but the proper cycling tights/trousers are A1.
    Also got gloves, socks, a windproof jacket, waterproof jacket, baselayer S/S top, hat for under helmet and overshoes. Most of the stuff is so cheap (think gloves were £3) that they are worth a punt!
    Cheers, Stu
  • Slow1972
    Slow1972 Posts: 362
    I picked up some gear last time too, windproof jacket is great as are the socks for commuting. I found the winter gloves at 3 quid are warmer than a 25 quid pair of Enduras I have.

Had a gilet last year, zip wasnt the greatest but at 7 was great for commuting on a cooler morning.
  • Thanks Guys, may have to continue looking around the sales and ebay until April!!!!
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    Got some when on sale (in my local store in Ireland) a few months back, "getting my commuting kit sorted for winter" I thought at the time....and was made redundant less than 2 weeks later!

Still to get any use out of it, guess I'll find out when i have a job (fingers crossed, 2 interviews tomorrow), hopefully will be OK gear, too late to take it back to the shop.
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....