New years resolutions, fitness, diet and training.

weeksy59
weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
edited February 2009 in Health, fitness & training
So then..

How are we all doing with our new years resolution plans of losing weight, gaining fitness and eating less ?

Personally mine is going DAMN well.. I've not 'cheated' on the salad/protein and good food, i've exercised between 4-7 days a week, and i'm down 11lbs on the month :)

I've also set my best time for a 10km run for 2 years, and my best 5km time for about the same time.

I've not quite managed my goal for the 10,000m rowing concept2 challenge yet, but i will have a crack on Friday after a rest day on Thurs :)

You ?

Comments

• Haven't been on my bike since before xmas :cry:
    Due to coming home for xmas, exams and now i'm back home after being to Cardiff for a few weeks :(

But, i've not done bad. Didn't overeat at xmas, and the weight i've lost riding hasn't been put back on because i eat pretty healthily and watch my calorie intake.

Looking forward to getting back into it, gym sessions and longer rides are planned :)

I really want to do a run at least once a week but I just really hate running, i'd rather ride :(
  • Turveyd38
    Turveyd38 Posts: 704
    I've started to, training to MTB and to get back into climbing, hit 17stone 4lb's, lost 6lb's in 2 weeks.

5 - 6 days per week training of some kinda, Saturdays off, combination of wall climbing, MTBing, Gym, Swimming and road riding ( mainly to and from the gym )

It's not easy, I don't want to just diet and lose muscle so I'm having to mix it up abit or muscles aren't repairing.

All good fun hey !!
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    Well today i'm a very very happy boy.

I managed and surpassed my target of 1 stone in a month, since the 2nd Jan i've dropped 17lb.

Helped by a cracking 3 hour VERY rough terrain MTB ride on Sat, which i paid the price for Sat night and Sunday, and a nice little 10km run today, it finally broke the barrier i wanted.

Target for the month is to hit another 7lbs by the time i head off to Madrid on the 23rd. If i can manage that, i'll be well on my way to contentment.