Michelin Race Pro 3 fiasco.

StrangelyBrown
StrangelyBrown Posts: 232
edited February 2009 in The bottom bracket
Went out for a ride this morning, got about 5 miles up the road and something shredded my rear tyre, so end of ride. Bit annoying, but not too bad as it's my first puncture in 7 months, albeit a good'un. Got back home, off to my LBS and treated myself to a nice shiny new Michelin Race Pro 3 - and why not, after all the great things I read about them.

On it goes, and off I go 2.5 hours after my first attempt, expctations high and... I'm still sh*t. What's that all about then?

They'll be telling me team kit doesn't make one any faster next.
It doesn't get any easier, but I don't appear to be getting any faster.

Comments

• you prob had them on wrong way round silly u
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    Something wrong there. I got at least twice as fast as soon as I fitted my PR3s.
  • Perhaps they're the wrong colour? Your kit, bike and all other paraphernalia must be matching for your average speeds to increase.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I've just been out on my brand new wheels and tyres.

FSA RD600 wheels, Specialized Mondo S-Works tyres.

Fantastic combination, was doing fine on hills and the flat, added another 2mph on to my average speed after a couple of months of relative inactivity. I was so pleased.... until I got a puncture after 1hr20.
  • Bugly
    Bugly Posts: 520
    johnfinch wrote:

Fantastic combination, was doing fine on hills and the flat, added another 2mph on to my average speed after a couple of months of relative inactivity. I was so pleased.... until I got a puncture after 1hr20.

Nice wheels but dont crash them. I had a fall and damaged both rims - gave up buying replacement rims nobody carries em, and the local (Australian) importer said sorry buy new wheels we dont/wont import the rim.

Replaced them with Campag no more FSA parts for my bikes
  • Campy wheels - would they make me faster?

Tried a Toupe saddle the other day and despite being a lightweight racing job I was still just as slow. Mind you, the colour did clash with my bike a bit, so that could have been it.
    It doesn't get any easier, but I don't appear to be getting any faster.
  • Spinnergy wheels with PDO spokes are the way forward. Absolutely mega they are.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Bugly wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

Nice wheels but dont crash them. I had a fall and damaged both rims - gave up buying replacement rims nobody carries em, and the local (Australian) importer said sorry buy new wheels we dont/wont import the rim.

Replaced them with Campag no more FSA parts for my bikes

That's bad. Wouldn't FSA help you out?