Brooks Team Pro equivilant

italiaandyf
italiaandyf Posts: 120
edited February 2009 in Workshop
Hi
I had a Brooks Team pro on my dry weather bike for a while, and while I found it to be very comfortable, the shape was spot on for me, I thought it was a bit heavy and didn't look right on the bike. I'd like to get a modern saddle, which is a similar in width/shape etc, that looks more at home on the bike. Any one have any suggestions/recommendations?

thanks

Comments

• andyfaden wrote:
    Hi
    I had a Brooks Team pro on my dry weather bike for a while, and while I found it to be very comfortable, the shape was spot on for me, I thought it was a bit heavy and didn't look right on the bike. I'd like to get a modern saddle, which is a similar in width/shape etc, that looks more at home on the bike. Any one have any suggestions/recommendations?
    thanks

I have a B17 on my touring bike. I then bought a Spech Rubaix. Fantastic other than the saddle which looks fabby but did not suit my backside. I put the B17 on the bike..bliss but it looked pants (the bike that is). After hiring various saddles, I eventually swapped the Spech Toupe Gel saddle for a Brooks Swift. Ah, now why didn't I do that in the first place. So so comfy. Looks pretty good, doesn't weight that much (in overall terms). Try (hire) before you buy!
    2 minute grovels can sometimes be a lot longer..tho' shorter on a lighter bike :-)

Ride the Route Ankerdine Hill 2008

http://peterboroughbigband.webplus.net/index.html
  • System_1
    System_1 Posts: 513
    I like spesh toupe's but if you're a fan of brooks the swallow looks pretty good on a modern bike. If you don't have that kind of money then you could get a B17 in black and get it chopped. There are instructions online on how to do this (give it a google) but there's also a guy on LFGSS who will chop, tie and emboss your name on it for £20. £40-£50 for the B17 + £20 for the chop, tie and emboss and you've got a trully personalised saddle that looks like a swallow for half the price. They look pretty tasty too
  • acorn_user
    acorn_user Posts: 1,137
    You could try a Selle San Marco Rolls or Regal saddle. I like the Rolls, and you can move back on it without sitting on rivets, which is what happens with my team pro. Or... buy a nice steel racing frame so you can put the team pro back on ;)
  • Hi
    many thanks for your comments.

acorn-user - how does the shape of the Rolls compare to that of the Team Pro?
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    I'm a Rolls man also. I've only briefly used a Brooks Pro and it seemed fairly close to having the same pressure points on my arse as the Rolls. The extra padding in the nose is more comfortable for my man parts too. The Regal is almost the same shape as the Rolls but has a slightly flatter shape to it. Hope this helps some.
  • thanks again - just ordered a Rolls.