Any riders south of Preston?

topsey_turvey
topsey_turvey Posts: 420
edited February 2009 in MTB rides
Hi,

I'm looking for riding buddies in the Preston/Ormskirk/Southport triangle. Yes I know it's flatter than a flat thing round here, but someone besides myself must ride a bike!!!

As to myself; the wife says I'm the original grumpy old man. Been there, done that etc.
If it involves bikes or hills I've had a go at it. Now ride nearly every Saturday for 4/5/6 hours. Pure XC, not a jumper, a downhill king, an all mountain god, trail centre lover or anything resembling technical brilliance. Just riding my bike in Lakes/Dales/Pennines.

Any one out there want to ride?
Frank Yates

Comments

• delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    rivington aint to far from preston and it isn't flat,,..

we are up there most saturdays the odd sunday if you wanted a guide although sundays are usually road trip day to wales lakes ect....
  • Thanks for that. I know Rivi quite well - was born at the foot of the Pike. Seems like I've spent most of my life moving over those hills.
    Frank Yates
  • Try Stonyhurst College Golf course, that always used to be a bit of a laugh!!! (after hours is obviously best!!!)
  • There are 4 of us from the Wigan / Billinge / St Helens area who tend to go out either sats or suns for 2/3 hours - and there are plenty routes around here within an hours drive. Rivvy the obvious one but also Rochdale / Saddlworth area, Gisburn , Worsthorne and even the Peaks District and llandelga are less than an hour away.
    On One 456 Summer Season
    On One Inbred Single Speed
    Spesh Stumpy FSR Elite 08
    Spesh Rockhopper Disc 08
    Alpinestars Cro Mega 92
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Pieeater68 wrote:
    There are 4 of us from the Wigan / Billinge / St Helens area who tend to go out either sats or suns for 2/3 hours - and there are plenty routes around here within an hours drive. Rivvy the obvious one but also Rochdale / Saddlworth area, Gisburn , Worsthorne and even the Peaks District and llandelga are less than an hour away.

He doesn't like it over here!!! Too many hills and too muddy!!! :D
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • You can look us up on your next trip to the Lakes: