Bourne woods area

smegg40
smegg40 Posts: 75
edited February 2009 in MTB rides
Hello,spending the weekend in Colsterworth(kids dancing)i have heard that there are a few trails in Bourne woods any info would be great :D also doing the Belvior loop any body know of any extensions to it,thanks :D

Comments

• Bourne Woods is ok for a blast round but unless it has been frosty i would stick to the main paths as it gets very very muddy.....

Belvoir loop is similar in the fact it gets very muddy and trashed by morons in 4x4's who are to fat to ride a bike. It offers alot more than Bourne does and you can get the route off Bikely.

Your other options are Rutland Water which is about 26 miles but has nothing technical at all and most of it is just pathways OR 50 mins away is Sherwood pInes which is a good laugh with a decent 10 mile xc route.

Hope this helps.
    If i am going out on one i am happy, If i am out on one i am happy, If i have just been out on one i am happy, otherwise miserable!
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Belvoir loop is alreet, a fair bit of road stuff though. The ruts on the Viking Way can cet incredibly wet (sometimes standing water over the hubs in the ruts) and is muddy for ages even after the water has drained. Nothing too techy, the ruts can be a bit of a faff if you're tyres can't cope with the mud and "Kerbstone Hill" is a laugh.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Thanks.I have done the Belvior loop before,just wondered if there is any bits to add on to make a full afternoon of it? :) Rutland water are there any trails apart from going round the res?Sherwood pines is good but its only up the road when i'm at home :D:D