Cyclefit fitting service

dombo6
dombo6 Posts: 582
edited February 2009 in Workshop
I am considering getting this done by Cyclefit in Covent Garden. Has anybody got any experience of the fitting service as applied to their existing bike? Did it make much of a difference?
Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• juggler
    juggler Posts: 262
    No not used them.

What we need is a 'Watchdog' style test where a guy goes to each of the respective companies offering cycle fitting and see if they come up with the same diagnosis... i'm not sure tht they will.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    They are excellent. My partner had a cyclefit as she had some knee problems which they sorted and fitted her to her bikes. I also know some other people who have had sessions there and they were v.happy with the outcome. The guys there have some expensive kit but they won't try to sell you something. They'll advise you what you might need and then it's up to you. Our recent trip there produces a pair of hand-built track wheels on sale, a half-price pair of sidi shoes and 2 pair of Look CX7 pedals for £50 a pair (orig.price £200 a pair)
    M.Rushton
  • This was discussed a few weeks ago. Try a search.
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    Tried them, hated the results.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • don key
    don key Posts: 494
    Tried a search or Cyclefit?

My friend used Cyclefit a few years back and didn't find any improvement in his back problem but Wwarrick does his job, not miracles.

Warricks knowledge of Cycling and training is excellent and he proves that on the bike so I would expect his fitting abilities to be very good , I just cannot handle the price they charge.
  • liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    Did one 2 years ago. Transformed my riding and was a really enjoyable interactive session. Learned loads about the mechanics of cycling and muscle groups etc. Got my cleats aligned and adjusted with shims that really smoothed out the pedal stroke. Got insoles moulded to my feet and in my shoe - they are amazing - everythng is smooth and rock solid now. No wasted energy. Got measurements for my bike geometry which I adjusted my bike to. I got a TT setup chart too, but alas I don't have a TT bike.

I can't recommend them highly enough.
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com
  • dombo6
    dombo6 Posts: 582
    Thanks everyone. All booked in. Shall post once done.
  • sorted out my tendonitis with a load of lewedges, so although expensive it solved the problem and gave interesting results on my position, ie my handlebars were no way near high enough, more confortable now.